• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I feel so much safer knowing those deadly easily-convertible toy guns are off the street

When was that report made? I suspect the store owner wouldn't have had an issue at all if it hadn't been for Aurora.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Oh THIS vid. I brought this up on a different thread as well.

I've played airsoft during college. I was part of the team and we milsim all the time, dress in full gear and go out to play and it is fun as hell. After I graduated, I got a real gun and took a lot of the fundamentals I learned from Airsoft, but no where was the idea even entertained that we can jerry rig an Airsoft to fire a live round. The barrel isn't even a barrel, it's a metal tube made of very light aluminum and inside is the actual tube where the bbs come out of. It's essentially a hollow shell with a mechanical system inside that shoots bbs.

This news article just offends me and that ATF agent is insulting my intelligence. Wasting my tax dollars and wasting ATF's manpower on ****ing toys guns when real threats are out there

New Zealand actually roped Airsoft with machine guns and don't allow "full auto" airsoft in their country. In England, you have to get a permit to change the color of the Airsoft to be anything other than bright something.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I have to agree with you Excalibur on the fact that this is a terrible waste of tax dollars. We all should file the paperwork that shows how these can be "easily" converted to real weapons. Maybe then they will issue a statement that the field agent misspoke or was taken out of context. What's next? Paintball guns? Maybe nail guns? Better not go to home depot and buy steel pipe, nails and an air compressor, you might be a threat for making a deadly gun!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    O...M...G...!

Are we sure this wasn't an April Fool's Day joke played on everybody? Convert a plastic gun to an automatic weapon? You gotta be ******** me!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IIRC they said the lower could be used with a real upper pretty easily. It would not hold up long, but for a short while it would work.

Not something I would want to try.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    You can find any talented gunsmith in the area to make a lower. Is the ATF gonna take all of his steel and aluminum too?

nvb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    when that agent says that they are easily converted he just lying. there is no way he could believe that is true given his profession and if he was serious he should be fired

Top Bottom