• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Don't get too excited, I'm not talking about Pelosi or any of those witches.

Trigger warning; some of you may find what I am about to say offensive or cold hearted. I don't want to hear about it Nancy. Please refer to my I used to work for the devil post to put what I'm about to say into context.

I am usually the nicest most compassionate person you'll ever meet. However if you ever betray or abuse me it's game on.

Ding dong the witch is dead, he will never hurt me or my team again.

My old service manager called me this morning to let me know our former boss had passed away in his sleep.

Although neither of us were happy that he was dead we weren't saddened either. Almost relieved.

The former service manager had left the store 2 years ago and by our conversation I could tell that he was still affected / shell shocked by the abuse he had endured there as well.

I was second & he was third in command when we worked there together. He had things worse than I did in a lot of ways.

He was the first of several former and current employees I spoke with or texted with today.

Most were surprised DevilD died but not saddened to hear the news.

So this is a wake up call for any asshats out there being mean to everyone. When you die everybody's going to be glad you're gone if you don't straighten up.

I was actually kind of mad he died. I wanted him to have to pay for the horrible things he did to all of us.

One of my employees left a week after I did because she couldn't handle it there without me protecting her. She and I were both in agreement that it was a shame this didn't happen 2 months sooner so we wouldn't have had to give up everything to escape his abuse.

But on the other hand, I feel a peace I haven't felt in a long time. Knowing he is dead I know he can't hurt me or my reputation anymore.

I went to the store to chat with one of my former employees after he had called to find out if I knew yet.

DevilD had been out on medical leave for the past month and things had been really good in the store. He was afraid that things would return to being abusive once he returned.

Although they had been somewhat dysfunctionally close he was relieved he wasn't coming back.

We spent a few minutes validating each other's feelings and discussing mutual experiences of working there.

We used to discuss the psychology of what was happening to us. Today was a lot like old times but way more therapeutic.

Working there was like a dysfunctional family. During times of high abuse it was as if I was the mother trying to protect the children from their angry father.

I worked there as long as I did to protect my team. Now I know my former team is going to be just fine and so am I.

Ding dong the witch is dead. I wish I could be sad but I'm not. Goodbye & good riddance DevilD may your soul rest in peace.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Dang... Your HR department took your feedback seriously.

They actually did. And then of course when a manager from another store came to help after I left she let it be known the store was being ruled by fear.

My former employees were asked to collaborate what I had said and they did. There was a big to do about it but no one ever called me to discuss it further.

I told his boss today that although things may be hectic right now, him dying was the best thing that could happen because it was a matter of time before he harassed the wrong people and they filed a class action lawsuit against the store.

I think I caught him off guard his demeanor towards me changed after I said that. He still probably thinks he's a nice guy. I know they had been friends.

My honesty gets me in more trouble than anything else. LOL

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I understand your feelings. Hard to shed a tear in passing for someone who would not shed a tear for your passing. Refrain from any past promises of watering his grave, he does not deserve the honor of your visit.
    You are allowed a smile knowing the world just got a little better place to be.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't know this person, but man I have a perfect analog from my past. I'm right there with ya.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They actually did. And then of course when a manager from another store came to help after I left she let it be known the store was being ruled by fear.

My former employees were asked to collaborate what I had said and they did. There was a big to do about it but no one ever called me to discuss it further.

I told his boss today that although things may be hectic right now, him dying was the best thing that could happen because it was a matter of time before he harassed the wrong people and they filed a class action lawsuit against the store.

I think I caught him off guard his demeanor towards me changed after I said that. He still probably thinks he's a nice guy. I know they had been friends.

My honesty gets me in more trouble than anything else. LOL

So...

You do think they "took care" of the problem?

1617938702103.png

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know of a factory that was the official management policy. And no I'm not joking. A guy I knew was promoted to shift supervisor and was told straight out by the plant manager we run this place on "rule by fear". The plant manager was top dog of the plant, it is part of a very large multinational corp. Now if you were a very valuable and liked employee, the rules may have changed some. Oh and shift supervisors weren't exempt either. He told me a couple of stories of what he had to deal with from the p. manager. They had daily shift end meetings with him, plant ran 4 12hr shift and the p. manager would be there for all of the end of shift to check on how it had ran, the guy I know dreaded them because he always caught hell for something or another. He told me one time he was feeling great going into it, everything had ran perfect. Way over quota, way under on downtime, not a dang thing had went wrong during the shift. Partway into the meeting the manager asked him something like what was the cost over run on x last week (they received a handout every week with everything in it) He replied I think it was about $.05 per x, the manager looked at him and said "You f'ing think? I don't pay you to f'ing think, I f'ing pay you to know". Actual cost was something like $.051 per x. He checked to see if he could go back to his old job and nope, at that plant they don't allow people to go down, it's either stay where you are, up or out. He made it a few years then transferred to another plant at slightly lower or lateral job level.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I'm ashamed to admit I kept an old bosses obituary on my fridge for years.
    We did not get along.
    He had an uncanny ability to find weak co-workers to bully.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I can feel for you. Had a bully boss for a few years that made life a living nightmare for all the employees. Was glad when I heard the individual passed away. In fact, many people at work were celebrating.

Top Bottom