• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGuns1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    indy
    Where do I get one of these ARs? Anyone?

Many times better. Just look at the pics. It's been a good deal when they put them on sale for $999 every other week. But at $799, its a steal. Like the other thread stated, some stores are selling them now, some are taking orders. Ordered mine today.

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    Just got back from Dick's. Wanted to get a little .223 ammo. With the sale .223 brass was $6.75 a box. You can only get 6 boxes of 1 type of ammo, so 6 boxes PMC bronze and 6 UMC brass.

Probably go back in the morning. BTW, the gun dept. was very busy at Clay Terrace in Carmel.

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Just got back from Dick's. Wanted to get a little .223 ammo. With the sale .223 brass was $6.75 a box. You can only get 6 boxes of 1 type of ammo, so 6 boxes PMC bronze and 6 UMC brass.

Probably go back in the morning. BTW, the gun dept. was very busy at Clay Terrace in Carmel.

The Gun section at the Lafayette store was crazy as well. They didn't seemed very organized there. After NICS closed and they stopped trying to call people in, it was much smoother.

Is that ammo better than the Remington?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Heatman i had to have seen you there. I was one of the guys waiting in line to get processed for a gun for 2+ hours. The guy behind the counter did great for as long as everything took. (Not his fault)

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    I was able to score one of the two Maverick 88 HD's in 12ga that the Hamilton Town Center store had when they opened. It was pretty crazy there, for sure. I walked in about 10 minutes after they opened the doors (so just before Midnight) and was out around 1:20AM.

Lots of folks didn't get what they wanted! - Some didn't find out they didn't have what they wanted in stock until after they filled out their paperwork and waited for their info to be called into NICS - one of those was a lady had been in the parking lot since 7:30 PM (she was rightfully upset) and another was a member of INGO.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Just got back from Dick's in Avon, wanted to check out the ammo prices. The same guy was there that I preordered my rifles from yesterday (Troy AR and 10/22)

He said they were instructed as of 9:00 AM this morning not to take any more orders on the Troy rifles due to the amount of orders they already have.

Looks like the deal is officially dead, unless it's just this store, but he made it sound like it was company wide.

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    Heatman i had to have seen you there. I was one of the guys waiting in line to get processed for a gun for 2+ hours. The guy behind the counter did great for as long as everything took. (Not his fault)

I really like that store. As you said the guy behind the counter was doing a very good job even though he was clearly overwhelmed. I had a question on the ammo sale whether it was 6 boxes total or 6 boxes of 1 type of ammo.

I stood by the counter patiently until he could answer the question. Just after talking someone thru the paperwork (maybe you) he started to walk away, saw me and stopped to ask if I had a question and took the time to answer it .

Can't believe I walked out of there without another one of those Remington 700 varmints. Got on a month ago in .223 and was thinking about one in .308.

What did you get?

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    The Gun section at the Lafayette store was crazy as well. They didn't seemed very organized there. After NICS closed and they stopped trying to call people in, it was much smoother.

Is that ammo better than the Remington?

My gun Remington Remington 700 Varmint/26" heavy barrel/1-12" twist really likes the PMC bronze. Not sure about the Remington UMC, haven't used it yet. I've shot American Eagle and Tula from Walmart and the groups are not nearly as tight as PMC.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Dicks Blows

I went to the store in Plainfield this morning and of course they had no more Mavericks. They said all the stores around Indy were sold out. Why would they have a sale on an item and not stock the item? They only had two to begin with. It's just the old bait n switch. Best Buy on the other hand actually had tons of stuff that was advetised for great deals. I really hate Dicks Sporting Goods. I saw nothing there for sale that was a super duper deal. Just a bunch of soccer moms looking for their North Face jackets.:noway:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    heatman;3527051 Can't believe I walked out of there without another one of those Remington 700 varmints. Got on a month ago in .223 and was thinking about one in .308. What did you get?[/QUOTE said:
    I was seriously out gunned. Everyone there was getting a 12 or 20 g shotgun, .223 or .308 Rem 700 and then there was me getting the 10/22.

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Looks like the deal is officially dead, unless it's just this store, but he made it sound like it was company wide.

That's definitely the case. I was at the Dick's by Tri-County mall in Cincy hoping to pick up one of the Troy's. I got to the counter and there was one sitting in the box just waiting to be bought! When I ask I am told it is the display model and it sold about 5 minutes before I got there.

Called all over to the other Cincy Dick's and it was the same story. Don't have any left and we were told to stop taking orders.
    :ugh:

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I walked out of the Dicks in Lafayette at about noon today with one of the Troy ARs, last one they had as the floor model. Sweet little AR, my wife loves it already. I almost felt like I was stealing from them.

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I walked out of the Dicks in Lafayette at about noon today with one of the Troy ARs, last one they had as the floor model. Sweet little AR, my wife loves it already. I almost felt like I was stealing from them.

I probably didn't miss you by much, I picked up mine around 11 although I paid for it around 3am. It looked like they'd removed the sale tag on the display one so I was wondering if the sale was over. Was it on there when you picked it up?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI

I probably didn't miss you by much, I picked up mine around 11 although I paid for it around 3am. It looked like they'd removed the sale tag on the display one so I was wondering if the sale was over. Was it on there when you picked it up?

I came in just a few minutes after nine and bought the last one they had in the box, I was in and out of the store in less than a half hour.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    If anyone picked up the Varmint or 10-22 hoping to turn a few bucks, I wanted them both! PM me to make a deal!

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011

Yeah, the 1099 tag was on mine. They didn't have anything up to indicate it was 799.

Top Bottom