DHS to "expand" role in federal gun control efforts; now will operate in schools

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Some teachers have a difficult time grasping reality with adults. I'd approve armed police in schools, that creates jobs anyway.

Has anyone considered the logistics of training the thousands of teachers, who will pay for it, and securing their weapons?

How about some heavy doors and door locks? You can't get to the kids in a locked classroom, you can't make them a victim.

Pssssst. Federal, state and local governments are broke. We are taxed enough already. Arm those that are already there every day.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Look at all those evil 30 round magazines they are carrying in the photo! They don't need those!
    Maybe they need those mags to commit a massacre. According to Obama and his fascist followers, those high capacity mags. are only useful for killing a large number of people in a short amount of time. Why else would anyone need all that firepower?

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    People should be tired of hearing the federal government tell us they are going to borrow more money to take care of our problems. We need to start taking responsibility at the state and local level. Federal Government is broken and is failing because it is overextended and too big to be useful.

I sent an email today thanking Sheriff Doug Harp for offering to provide free training for select teachers/staff in Nobel County schools. They will carry handguns on school property and be deputized as special deputies, if school board approves. An anonymous donor offered to provide the handguns. I would like to see all Sheriffs in Indiana do what Sheriff Harp has done.

We don't need DHS shoving their big noses into local affairs. We can do it ourselves. I wish people would stop thinking like lazy nanny(mommy)-state crybabies who want Feds to do everything for us. The more we want of them...the bigger they get...and the more money they take from us.

Last edited:

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    The supreme court got it wrong. Look at the fourth amendment and tell me where the government has the right to stop and search me without probable cause. They're doing it probably cause.
    Many things have been going on in this country that would be considered unconstitutional by our Founding Fathers, regardless of what a judge says. They would not hesitate to impeach a judge who overstepped his bounds and ignored constitutional rights and liberties. But, the feminine mommy-state wants to take care of us and to do that they must terminate liberties and teach our children the Constitution is a historical document of little consequence in our daily lives.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Yup. That's why I keep rejecting the idea that we need extra-trained armed personnel. Let it be properly permitted private individuals or no one at all.

The teachers will have their own best interest in mind if the manure hits the rotary oscillator. Their will to live, survive, and defend the children and themselves will be the greatest motivation to get IN the fight if one were to break out. :yesway:

Some teachers have a difficult time grasping reality with adults. I'd approve armed police in schools, that creates jobs anyway.

How about some heavy doors and door locks? You can't get to the kids in a locked classroom, you can't make them a victim.

You would prefer we move more quickly to indoctrinate our kids into a 'police state' type environment? Who will pay for these extra police officers? Will the police officers have the best interest in mind or would properly armed teachers ?

Also, you melieve heavy doors and locks would keep someone from busting out a window ???? Do you have guns at home? IF so, I'll gladly take them off your hands, and have some heavy doors and locks installed in trade. (Are you seriously proposing prison type environment for schools ?)

Pssssst. Federal, state and local governments are broke. We are taxed enough already. Arm those that are already there every day.

^ This. They will have their own desire to live and preservation of self in mind in the event of another shooting.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I know you guys love to stir the pot...

If you really believe DHS hires perverts to rub down little kids, while parents sit idle, you have a very different perception of reality.

Hires them? No, I think it's safe to say that they don't intentionally hire pervs to grope children. Based on the examples shown, though, I think it's possibly equally fair to say that when they are rooted out, little if anything is done to stop them.

Has anyone considered the logistics of training the thousands of teachers, who will pay for it, and securing their weapons?

You've undoubtedly heard the same thing I have for years: If someone wants in, you can't stop him from getting in. You can delay him, but you can't fully prevent him from entering.

The late Col. Jeff Cooper, I think it was, said that unarmed, all we can do is flee evil, and evil is not overcome by running away from it.

Heavy, locked doors may have their place, (a prison, for example) but a school is a place of learning. Let's use the opportunity to teach our children about liberty instead.

Blessings,
    Bill

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    And that's why I don't fly anymore. I like flying. But, I have no tolerance for the TSA feeling up people. They can kiss my....

Top Bottom