• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well they're not going to give me the money without a fight. I just got off the phone with DHL. GUESS WHAT???? They've denied my claim. I've got all kinds of proof that the freakin lazy A$$ driver let some moron that doesn't even live at my apartment complex sign for the package so he wouldn't have to make a second trip. I've got letters and receipts from the shipper, the store he shipped it from, and even my land lord stating that there isn't a J Hill (guy who signed for the package) that lives at my complex.

So I'm on the phone getting seriously ugly because I've been nice and patient to much. I asked to talk to a supervisor or the claim dept the CS rep refuses to let me talk to them.......YEA that's right refuses. She says the best they can do is file another claim and that means I have to wait another 30 days for it to get processed. Guy's it's been since the beginning of Sept that i've been dealing with this. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::chillout:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And they wonder why people go "postal".

I feel your pain, I've been in a similar situation and it took something like 4 months.It was over an item worth 15 bucks however... I'm sure in lost time that item cost me hundreds of dollars not to mention untold aggravation.

I should have just given up on it... which is EXACTLY what these companies want. They make the process so arduous that people give up.

People suck. Society is a joke. No one takes responsibility and no one cares.

The world is filled with idiots, thieves and con artists and those in a position to help are usually lazy, incompetent or on a power trip and if you don't kiss up to them they screw you.

Am I a bit jaded? You bet. People suck.

I'm giving you some rep to help brighten up your day.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lol thanks I guess.

Yea I mean the money it right in the middle to where I could walk away and forget about it, but on the other hand it's not several hundreds of dollars. So to me I don't see why it's such a big deal to sign a check over and just write it off. Especially with the proof I have they are the ones that screwed up.

They even have me on record stating that I didn't want the money I wanted my gun because it was worth alot more than I paid for it. So that should show them right there that I'm not trying to get a few free bucks. I could care less about the money. If they showed up tomorrow with the gun I would pretend this whole situation never happened.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    File immediately with the Better Business Bureau.
    File a police report for theft, and name everyone that you have talked to at DHL. And that the driver was the last one to have legal possession
    File a report with the Indiana State Attorney Generals office about DHL.
    I can't think of the agency that controls transportion across state lines, if your item came from another state. But find out and file a complain with them.
    If you know a lawyer that might write a letter for you addressing the problem.
    If nothing else you'll be a pain in the ass for DHL. I would think that DHL is required to make sure the right person gets their package.
    File in small claims court against DHL.

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    You may also want to consider Small Claims Court, depending on how much that paintball gun is worth (IIUC, if it's too valuable, that venue won't be available).

I'm don't think a charge of theft can be made to stick, and suspect a prosecutor wouldn't even bother unless the driver actually took your package himself.

You might try going in person to the local DHL office and asking to speak to a supervisor. Remain polite but firm. Sometimes nitwits like the one who didn't pass your call on to a supervisor when requested find it harder to dismiss a person who is there in front of them than when they're just an anonymous voice on the phone.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well after butting heads with them a few more times. I finally talked to a Big Wig and let him know that I am good friends with a lawyer and a Judge in a Small claims court and would gladly get their advice on what I should do.
    Let's just say I have a check in the mail heading my direction. :D

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Well after butting heads with them a few more times. I finally talked to a Big Wig and let him know that I am good friends with a lawyer and a Judge in a Small claims court and would gladly get their advice on what I should do.
    Let's just say I have a check in the mail heading my direction. :D
    :rockwoot:Go you!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    The secret is usually getting to a certain level on the totem pole. They just don't want a hassle when they reach that point in the food chain.

Top Bottom