• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    And when said LEO's go off with "Egg on their Face", how long before they, or their buddies do find something to charge you with?? One mile over speed limit, slight roll through stop sign, parked more than 12" away from the curb??

I bet the E'ville popo have a Bounty on you?? HA HA...

For me citizens are mostly on the positive--Can not say the same for LEO's..Bill.

The singular negative interaction I've ever had specifically over OC was with an LEO.

I didn't argue with him, though, because it wouldn't have served any purpose and he didn't carry on and on about it or anything.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I believe that DHS stopped him in TX

The "border control point" was about 100 mi inside TX. Factual dude was in-their-face legally but not always politely, for about 45-min. I'd LOVE to find it again. Excellent vid.
    This guy has at least another video on Youtube. He really knows his stuff as it shows. :)

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Paragraphs ...

... are our friends. Heh-heh. Anyway, think of Miranda. "YOU" have the right to remain "SILENT." IF you CHOOSE to GIVE UP that RIGHT .... It's all stacked against you from there on in. No talking to cops except, "Am I being detained."
    Most of the time, LEOs don't know and quoting court cases to them wouldn't really work out in the open like that. Cases are brought up in court. The best thing in that situation is continue to state that you are not breaking any laws and stopping a man and taking away his gun because his is carrying is illegal and carrying a gun is not a crime and carrying a gun is a matter for public safety, and since you ARE part of the public, you are ensuring the safety of the public by being armed all the time.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Let's just pretend for a minute that you are not in to guns (you don't like, or dislike, for that matter). You see some dude, or chick, walking down the street with a gun. Let's say you just happened to catch the story on the evening news about the guy with the gun in the real estate office holding hostages. What do you do then? Again, you are just average joe citizen. maybe you also live in a neighborhood that is anything less than peaceful.....Food for thought.:)

Can you post a link to a story where a Licensed gun owner was walking down the street OCing, and then committed such a crime as you describe above?

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    Can you post a link to a story where a Licensed gun owner was walking down the street OCing, and then committed such a crime as you describe above?

There probably are no stories as such. People aren't scared of nose rings, tattoos, cars, or bacon. They are scared of guns. Haven't you heard? Guns kill people.:rolleyes:

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    My take here is that if the officer asked for my weapon I would not surrender it to him. I would tell him that he could take it from me but I would not accept it back. He would then have to take it to the property room, locker, or whatever, and document why he had it.

Now you have an excellent case against him for illegal seisure of your property.

And I think he would know that he might not stand on solid ground even if he wasn't sure if he was right or not.

I actually think that would be fun.

Just sayin...:)

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    It doesn't make the people who called a "dick", it just makes them un-educated about the laws regarding firearms.

Actually, it is entirely possible that the caller was just being a Richard. During the newspapers coverage of TF's "zoo experience ", there was a anti gun douche posting in the comments, that he planned to do just that. Something to the effect of "I don't care if it's legal, I'm going to call the police and teach the John Waynes a lesson. Maybe they'll get tired of the hassle, and leave their gun at home".
    Never underestimate peoples capacity to be a holes.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm gonna say he's either been through that before, or it was some kind of set up. Seriously, who just happens to know the laws so well? Maybe he was a lawyer of some type or something.
    If you are going to carry a gun you should know the laws as to not be harrassed. There are alot of us that know them and are not lawyers and are not set up.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    What I found funny (in a good way) is the Sgt. gets on scene and in a manner of seconds (as he walks up and over hears the conversation) accesses the situation and when the Oc'er cite the case law he says "Yup". and then when the Oc'er asks if he was free to leave he says "you are". Done deal. Just wanted to point out a good thing :)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    There probably are no stories as such. People aren't scared of nose rings, tattoos, cars, or bacon. They are scared of guns. Haven't you heard? Guns kill people.:rolleyes:

Really? I have known people that are scared of tattooed and/or pierced people. My aunt was terrified of cars.

The point is, its not whether someone is scared, or not, that is the issue here, it is what is LEGAL or not..

It is a HUGE statistical improbability that a Licensed gun owner, OCing, will be involved in a crime, so why are they treated as criminals? :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What I found funny (in a good way) is the Sgt. gets on scene and in a manner of seconds (as he walks up and over hears the conversation) accesses the situation and when the Oc'er cite the case law he says "Yup". and then when the Oc'er asks if he was free to leave he says "you are". Done deal. Just wanted to point out a good thing :)
    Good point and the Supervisor did'nt even ask about the OC'er's suspenders. :yesway:

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As to being afraid of things. I got the same grief over the last 2 weekends about my gun at the state park. I kept hearing people are concerned yet when I mentioned, becuase I was mauled, my concern over dogs they turned a deaf ear even though my gun was legal and their dogs with no leash were against the rules.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    That right there should seal the deal on open carry vs concealed. People smarter than me are posting about situational awareness, why even put yourself in that situation? It's cool to show people who care about gun advocacy that they CAN win because they ar smarter than "the man", but people who don't like guns are going to think that guy was a real dick (imo).

Why conceal? You got something to hide?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    People aren't scared of nose rings, tattoos
    You're not scared of these things?

images
    body-pierce.jpg

Or these?

153202d1271380846-outlaw-bikers-outlaw1.jpg
    outlaws-mc-2.jpg

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    My take here is that if the officer asked for my weapon I would not surrender it to him. I would tell him that he could take it from me but I would not accept it back. He would then have to take it to the property room, locker, or whatever, and document why he had it.

Now you have an excellent case against him for illegal seisure of your property.

I think we are a ways away from that being an illegal seizure of property, and refusing to take your property back might cause further problems for you getting your property back. Don't underestimate LEOs or the system.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Phenomenal.

There are cases where some will TRY to pick a fight with LE just to put them in their place...

But as stated, there is NOTHING wrong with knowing your facts and using them in your favor when you're being "picked on".

He handled it VERY well, well enough that the officer responding didn't lose his cool, either.
    In this situation, I don't think it was a case of good cop vs bad cop...
    Just a cop that wasn't aware of his own boundaries. I think next time, he'll second guess his confrontation.

+1. Thanks for posting, sir!

Top Bottom