• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The best pointer is this: Make a written budget and DON'T QUIT ON THE PROGRAM! If for whatever reason, you have to postpone the steps, come back to them. Its slow going at times but you just have to stick with it. It is almost fail safe. Things are going to happen in life that you can't control. This program will help you absorb those things a little better at first and by the time you get out of debt and get started in wealth building, you won't be affected too much financially.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A good friend of mine followed the plan religiously, and are now debt free. No car payments, no house payments, no credit card debt, and no school loans! They did this while raising 4 kids, so it can be done.

As CopperWires said, the whole point is to make a budget and STICK TO IT. No excuses, no complaints. If it was easy, you wouldn't be in debt, would you?!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We paid off the last of our credit cards late last year and I STILL find myself sitting in shocked disbelief to be out from under that evil. I can't even imagine what it'll feel like to have the house and cars paid off.

Even if you don't follow Dave's plan exactly, everything in there is still good advice.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm reading the book right now. Already getting excited about it. Flipped thru a few pages to get an idea what the plan is. Not sure if I'm going to be able to follow all of it. I have no idea if my wife will have a job at the end of this school year. May have to look for a part time job if things don't look up :scared:

Junior26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Listen to the radio show while on the plan for added inspiration! It helps to here from others on the plan while on your journey.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    My wife and I are following an older version of the Ramsey plan. We use the "envelope" system, which I believe is still part of Ramsey's program.

One thing that has helped us is that we sit down together after every pay day. We pay 10% tithe and 10% into savings automatically, just like they were bills. We go over our bills and distribute cash in to our envelopes. This way we are constantly reviewing our budget and we are together about whatever changes or adjustments need to be made.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I took the 11-week course at the church by my house. It's an outstanding program. I would certainly suggest understanding the practice of giving first, saving second, and spending last. I also loved the way he taught that the FICO score wasn't all that important.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Yes it works! We were 60K in debt 5 years ago not including the house. Today we are debt free except for the house. We will pay the house actually 18 acres and house, off this summer.
    I recommend getting on the plan and do not vary from it until you are out of debt! It works but it is a LOT OF WORK! I will never go in debt again. One day I hope you too realize how stupid it is to buy new cars and use debt to live. If I ever get to be a millionaire I will not own another new vehicle!

ReadnFool

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Sheridan, IN
    The plan works great if you are motivated to get out of debt .....

My workplace offered every employee the chance to take the financial peace university class free 3-4 years ago. When the downturn hit we had lots of people who still were in trouble, but we had lots who kept their house, kids in college, cars, etc because they had listened, budgeted, and saved.

Good luck.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    My employer also payed for the program for anyone that would listen.It has turned lives around .Our plant H.R. person has a large container {glass cookie jar}1/2 full of cut up credit cards from our employees. I didn't take the class but got the textbooks and follow it .Easy plan for stress reduced life.

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    We started it a few yrs ago, and while we werent perfect we did pay off a lot of loans. We are debt free except for the house, last Nov. I hurt my back and have been off work since, Dont know what we would have done had we not started the plan yrs ago. Your are getting good advice, its never perfect, just stick with it!!:patriot:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I listen as much as I can. He has some great advise but for some people what he asks you to do is very difficult if you family situation does not allow you to work alot extra. Great program once you get started though.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have not read the book yet, ive just took soem pointers off his website and email newsletter and WOW. I had a HUGE debt for my age and I went from 21,000 in debt to 14,000 in a month. Now Im working on the 3 cards I have and I feel much better mentally . I can not wait to read the book and get the burden of debt off my shoulders.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like it!

I & my wife are attending his Finacial Peace university at our church. so far so good. I'ts a 13 week course, and have completed two lessons. So far I like what I see, and plan to follow it to the best we can. the small group siscussions ar as helpful as the videos and the rest of the stuff in the kit! Wish us luck. Looking forward to being able to expand my firearm collection when I'm debt free!

Top Bottom