• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I got a friend who's new to guns shopping for his first one and he likes DA/SA so I'd like suggestions of all that u can think of in that category

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    The only ones I have experience with in that category are Sigs. Hard to go wrong with them if you can afford it.

Might need to narrow it down a bit to get good suggestions. Is it for carry? Home? Shooting sports? Caliber preference?

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    Sig's are great but they're addictive! I'd recommend the Sig route as well though if it's too pricey Taurus makes some nice DA/SA guns expecially the PT945 and similar.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Smith and Wesson 3rd gen series.....3913 or 3914. Slim 8+1 shot steel 9mm. Great shooters, easy to carry, great for home defense and meets the requirements you posted.

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    look at any revolvers? you just said DA/SA, not just semi's, especially for a first gun/ home defense gun, hard to go wrong with the wheel.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Sig's are great but they're addictive! I'd recommend the Sig route as well though if it's too pricey Taurus makes some nice DA/SA guns expecially the PT945 and similar.

you're telling me, I've bought 2 p230's within 3 months.....:):

the fnp is pretty good, haven't really handled the cz's, the beretta's are really good, and as mentioned, alot of the taurus semis are extremely good pistols for the money:popcorn:

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Gotta throw some love to the Ruger P series handguns as well. Low cost, and will not give you any problems. Of course, there are nicer pieces out there, but if your friend is looking for a low cost weapon that will be easy to use and handle abuse, I wouldn't hesitate to go this route. I've had mine for over a decade and it's performed flawlessly through thousands of rounds.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I concur on the Ruger DA/SA pistols. Great entry level pistol as well as a keeper as a first pistol.

Also CZ75 or cheaper variants, Witness, Jerico, etc.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Ruger DA/SA (e.g. P95); a bit "blocky" for concealment, but possible and they are reliable. For a little more, a Ruger SR9c or Sig 2022. FNP-9. For even more, a Sig 225 or 228.

JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    I like the ruger p series also my friend has a 345 no complaints and easy to handle. Sigs are great also worth the extra money.

Top Bottom