• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 812 rimfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Currently have a cz 455 american chambered in 22 wmr. I found a new unused varmint 22 lr barrel just curious if the varmint barrel will interchange on the american stock before I waste money buying a barrel or will I have to switch to a chassis to make it work correctly

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Currently have a cz 455 american chambered in 22 wmr. I found a new unused varmint 22 lr barrel just curious if the varmint barrel will interchange on the american stock before I waste money buying a barrel or will I have to switch to a chassis to make it work correctly
    You could take a deep well socket of appropriate diameter and wrap it in coarse sandpaper and open and reseal the channel if you don't want to hunt a new stock.

812 rimfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Thanks for the advice I'm probably just gonna pass up the good deal I hate to ruin a perfect stock and be stuck with a barrel in 22 wmr I don't really want anyways afterwards

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Thanks for the advice I'm probably just gonna pass up the good deal I hate to ruin a perfect stock and be stuck with a barrel in 22 wmr I don't really want anyways afterwards
    You could find another standard stock that somebody doesn’t need and modify it. You’ll be able to switch stocks and barrels.
    Honestly my Americans shoot about as well as my varmints do, or I just suck at both. Good luck.

Top Bottom