• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    So any other Ingo dads here been thru a recent custody battle. Think I am going to be going back to court seeking custody. Will be goin to Carroll Coutny courts. Anyone got any advice from thier recent expierences?

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven't but unless you have some dirt on the kids mother (ie drugs,no job,criminal activity) its not very promising to get full custody. It seems here in Indiana the mother almost always gets custody. Best of luck

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's a tough row to hoe but I got custody of my daughter many years ago, she's all grown up, married etc now, but I had lots of evidence that mommy wasn't the most stable individual plus my daughter was old enough to have some say in the issue as well. Get yourself a good family law attorney and be prepared to pay serious money as well.

Good luck.:yesway:

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    So any other Ingo dads here been thru a recent custody battle. Think I am going to be going back to court seeking custody. Will be goin to Carroll Coutny courts. Anyone got any advice from thier recent expierences?
    living in carroll county ,....having been thru the court you will be going to ,....knowing the new judge personally i think the best advice anyone could give you would be ...."dont belittle your ex.....he really doesnt like it"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I fought hard and long for my 3 sons from 1st idiot, I mean wife. (I chose poorly) I had to wait until 14th "B" day of each one so they had a say in their own lives. Indiana is a tough nut to crack.
    I had evidence and witnesses as to her incompetence but it is Indiana. They all came to live with me but be aware, it is hard.
    Get a good attorney, listen to him and keep your head. It will be very frustrating and possibly humiliating but stay the course. All that matters is the children. They are innocent in these matters and suffer deeply.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Also, be very careful of anything you post in online social media, INGO, Facebook, etc. You can bet that your ex's lawyer will be checking them out.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    I work with a guy that has full custody, great man. Work and pay you ass off and you may get lucky. I hope it works for you because our children are worth every penny.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    living in carroll county ,....having been thru the court you will be going to ,....knowing the new judge personally i think the best advice anyone could give you would be ...."dont belittle your ex.....he really doesnt like it"

Not having gone through the process and not knowing the new judge but knowing quite a few people that have been through custody battles, I'd say that belittling your ex in court is never a good thing and in front of the kids is not a good idea either.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    Good luck,been there years ago, not the same county but was in indiana and don't put to much on here that could be used against you.And agin good luck.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Delete all social media accounts now!!

Get a good lawyer, preferably one that is a pro tem for that county.

Get as much dirt on her as possible.

Do not talk to her, have everything in writing. Text or email only.

Has she been in a mental hospital for anything?

Has she ever said she did not want to live or kill herself?

I have full custody of my Daughter, it can be done.

Top Bottom