• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

scottyd2506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I am back, I applied for lifetime Nov 20th 2012 and was told it would be a week. just last month it came in the mail , March 19th 2013 issue date, IO think it was March 22-25th in mail, 4 months LONG wait. But I expected it would take a long time

I have some criminal reckless driving record from the 80's. from my drag racing days, the police throw all they can at us. someone who passes them racing, and they have a hard time catching up they throw at you "fleeing police" "resisting law enforcement" etc etc, even if your not fleeing or resisting. those charges where misdemeanor crime back then but can be felonies now a days, so I was concerned. Never being in any trouble except those dumb and young days of racing on the road, I knew it would take a long time, and thought it would be July or August maybe.

So be patient, long as you don't have Felonies or domestic violence, it will come. the 12-21-12 scare brought a lot of people out to get a pistol to protect themselves from the wacko's. the anti gun liberal laws they are trying to pass has even more people trying to get licenses and guns before they get banned.

novellguru

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    This has been a great forum. I just wanted to confirm that I finally got the pink today.

Here are my details:
    L1 Jan 14
    Paid local PD Jan 15 - cash
    Clean record.

So it does appears this falls in line with others from that week. Glad the wait is over.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Volume...

Wow, had no idea how large an increase we are seeing just in Indiana for carry permits. I went out to the ISP firearms licensing page.

There's a link at the bottom of that main blurb for "The Indiana State Police Road Show" - a weekly radio show put on by the Indiana State Police. This particular episode talks in some detail about the application process and what's happening. At about the 9:48 mark, Maj. Doug Shelton (Command of the Records Division) notes than in the past the average number of carry permit applications has been 4800 per month - in December they received 18,000 applications.

rrrbmwwps

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Wabash indiana
    4 months received wife's 4/11/13, still waiting for mine

My wife received her lifetime permit today. I am still waiting on mine. We applied approximately December 10th 2012. I assume I still am waiting because I am male and that stack of applications is larger?

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    applied 12-28-12, originally did ink prints, then switched to L1 prints on 1-26-13. clean record, marion county. emailed ISP and got a response today that my permit was issued yesterday and is in the mail.

WOW, can't wait to see it. should be in my mailbox tomorrow.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    applied 12-28-12, originally did ink prints, then switched to L1 prints on 1-26-13. clean record, marion county. emailed ISP and got a response today that my permit was issued yesterday and is in the mail.

WOW, can't wait to see it. should be in my mailbox tomorrow.

Any idea of what date they "used" for yours? Just curious.

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    applied online before Christmas
    L1 done the next day
    paid cash at SJCPD on 12/26
    County Police did not transmit until early February....still no LCTH
    not even a speeding ticket!!!!
    any ideas?

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    applied online before Christmas
    L1 done the next day
    paid cash at SJCPD on 12/26
    County Police did not transmit until early February....still no LCTH
    not even a speeding ticket!!!!
    any ideas?

If county didn't transmit until February...then the date that they'll be going from will be that date....so look for yours when you see others with February dates...saying that they've received theirs.

nineball481

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    firearms licensing statistics

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere... ISP now publicly records new license stats per quarter to their site. In the past two quarters the ISP has issued nearly 1 million licenses! Again, that's 1,000,000 new licenses in the last six months. Looking at it that way, the wait is more understandable...

ISP stats

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    Not sure if this has been posted anywhere... ISP now publicly records new license stats per quarter to their site. In the past two quarters the ISP has issued nearly 1 million licenses! Again, that's 1,000,000 new licenses in the last six months. Looking at it that way, the wait is more understandable...

ISP stats

Those are active license stats, not new applications.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Wow. an average increase of 1437.5 licenses per week between 4th quarter 2012 to first quarter 2013. I'm a little surprised that the percentage of IN residents that have a LTCH is so low. Only 7% of total population.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom