CT bill would require a mental health exam for every student, even homeschoolers

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Senate bill 374 in Connecticut would require compulsory mental health examinations for all children. Students in government schools would be force-examined in 6th, 8th, 10th and 12th grades. Every homeschool student would be force-examined at ages 12, 14 and 17.

Mandatory examinations will provide vast amounts of new opportunities to get children hooked on prescription psychotropic drugs. New customers rolling in by force.

Homeschoolers are particularly upset, because they have already done their best to opt out of the government education system, and they are still being bossed around and subjected to state infringement on their privacy and liberty. But there really is no escape from the creeping state.

Senate Bill 374: Requires Homeschooled Children Ages 12, 14, and 17 to Receive a Behavioral Health Assessment | HSLDA

Proposed Connecticut Bill Mandates Mental Health Assessments for Homeschooled Children

Mandatory Mental Health Assessments” for Children Coming to Connecticut?

600499_491718150865691_1040081774_n.jpg

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Oh yeah.... and perhaps if the state can define individuals as having "mental health issues" early on, they can use it as a reason to strip their Second Amendment rights later.

Brilliant.... simply brilliant.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Great, more kids diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. They got some teenagers, so they'll get the teenager angst/depression as well. Good way to ban them permanently from having firearms....

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    ......and the flow of meds will increase from a swollen stream to a mighty river. Big Pharma will be behind this big time. they will be able to achieve 100% percent of the population medicated for life.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What do you mean "even homeschoolers?"

The CT bill is targeting homeschoolers. They don't need mental health exams in the government schools.

(And I scooped you by a week or more.)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Why did we go to war, lose thousands of brave souls, when we could have just brought Adolph here and got it over then?

Hitler would have been proud of what is going on in the United States. Between IRS, ATF and other federal agents storm trooping our rights, various levels of government are also stomping on our constitution.

In the mid 1910s my grandfather fought in "The War to End All Wars", in the 1940s my father fought in the second world war both for the freedoms we are now watching ooze away. I just pray that enough people are awakened and vote these idiots out of office before we no longer are allowed to vote.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What do you mean "even homeschoolers?"

The CT bill is targeting homeschoolers. They don't need mental health exams in the government schools.

(And I scooped you by a week or more.)

Same bill?

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/s/pdf/2013SB-00374-R00-SB.pdf

AN ACT REQUIRING BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENTS FOR CHILDREN.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General
    Assembly convened:

That section 10-206 of the general statutes be amended to require (1) each pupil enrolled in public school at grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 and each home-schooled child at ages 12, 14 and 17 to have a confidential behavioral health assessment, the results of which shall be disclosed only to the child's parent or guardian, and (2) each health care provider performing a child's behavioral health assessment to complete the appropriate form supplied by the State Board of Education verifying that the child has received the assessment.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't have the same opinions as the majority, so it is a sure thing they would label me as in need of medication.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Liberal governments are emulating their Soviet heroes more and more. Here we have the old commie trick of defining enemies of the state as mentally unstable so the state can do with them as they will.

Anyone living in a blue state better do whatever they can to get out while they can.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I wonder how many kids who would resent the exams and then be labled mental cases due to their indifference and failing to comply with authority. Who doesn't think this is a great way to raise our children, raise your hand. :rockwoot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It seems like the government is pushing back harder and harder as homeschooling grows more popular and socially accepted.

I suppose that's good news, overall. Just gotta keep fighting them.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Before forcing this on the kids, any legislator trying to push this should be forced to take the same exam, and resign for life if he can't pass.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I am intrigued. Apparently no school, public, private, homeschool or religious institution is capable of keeping the kids sane? I mean they don't just want a test at the end to make sure that they're "getting a good education" or something: they genuinely think that as the kid grows he's going to go crazy or have mental deficiencies? And the family doctor or the kid's own parents wouldn't notice?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My home-schooled kids would certainly be labeled mentally ill. They believe God created the earth in 6 days and yet also believe the earth is round and that modern science has wrought many, many advances. Such inconsistency cannot be tolerated!

Top Bottom