• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I can't read the article due to this ridiculous work filter, but I thought the problem with Russian arms was a trade agreement Clinton worked up with them and China? Could have sworn that was why RC K98k's and Mosins and such tend to come from Ukraine or other satellites now.

And I'm also pretty sure it was the ATF that blocked further SVT40 imports after the first batch for reasons I've not been able to clear up (although I suspect it has something to do with fears of AVT40's coming in).

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If we had a law that granted the people the right to keep and bear arms, and it was not infringed, it would be nice to see a flood of true Avtomat Kalashnikovas entering the land of the free, home of the brave.

But we all know the idea of a right of the people to keep arms was a pipe dream of the founders of a country known as The United States of America. I wonder what happened to that country?

Yes it would be great to also see SVDs, TIGRs, SVTs and a host of other great stuff as well.

For some reason I am not going to hold my breath as I know darned well that the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment as dictated by ATF will not allow what which shall not be infringed.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Were AVT 40's actually made? Maybe? I've heard of AVT38's.

Yep. It didn't live long because it too much of a wild child and the full auto use led to an unhappy Ivan with a broken rifle. Every once in a while, you'll see SVT's for sale with an AVT stock since they were used in the post-war refurb programs (stock is a bit chunkier).

ATF for some reason cut off imports of the SVT40 which is why the price here is so salty. Yet Canada of all places doesn't have that problem...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom