• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    At that point I'd assume (at the MD's discretion of course), that they'd continue the match and simply consider us hard cover. Might have to re-run any shooters who'd already gone though, to be fair.

I'd hope not to leave the match riddled with black pasters.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At that point I'd assume (at the MD's discretion of course), that they'd continue the match and simply consider us hard cover. Might have to re-run any shooters who'd already gone though, to be fair.

I'd hope not to leave the match riddled with black pasters.

I doubt we'd be extended the dignity of the black pasters. They'd use the tan and declare it "good enough."

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Rhino, I was thinking the same thing about the risk/reward at a club level match. I have seen Rick shoot at a couple of INMG events. He is a great shooter and is on the 3 gun nation tour.
    He most likely would have won the stage without the slide. But it was cool, I wonder if we'll see guys trying this at 3 gun matches from now on....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino, I was thinking the same thing about the risk/reward at a club level match. I have seen Rick shoot at a couple of INMG events. He is a great shooter and is on the 3 gun nation tour.
    He most likely would have won the stage without the slide. But it was cool, I wonder if we'll see guys trying this at 3 gun matches from now on....

Well now I have to try it!

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I like Bill's logic. I don't get to the range to practice a whole lot on my own. Local matches whether it be uspsa or 3gun ARE my practice for majors like IN Sectional and Pro-Am, etc.

As for the loading on the clock, its by design on most stages as a safety buffer. If you are moving, running (sliding now) and the gun falls out, there isn't a round chambered. If the stage starts with your pistol and you dump it later in the stage then its almost always loaded like in USPSA matches.

As for whether it was worth it, depends on your definition of "worth" I suppose. He lost the stage but lost to a stellar run. he gained a crap ton of internet exposure and sponsors never hate that ;)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If you are moving, running (sliding now) and the gun falls out, there isn't a round chambered.

is that a DQ?

in the few matches I've shot, and from match vids and 3GN shows, it just seems there are a lot of unloaded starts, too, incl this vid where he loads the AR in addition to the HG.

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    D'OH! I didn't know that.

I know it's not my business (but this is a discussion forum, right), but was it worth it? Was gaining a few seconds in a club level match worth risking injury (whether the minor wound he sustained, or something worse had it gone wrong)? I can see doing something like that if a lot of money is on the line and you're in a position to win it, or if there were some other reward to balance the risk, but not under those circumstances.

I acknowledge, of course, that my interest in winning the actual competition is limited at best. It's possible that the desire to win in the absence of tangible rewards is enough motivation for some people.

This is where you are just not getting it. Let me say the rest of what follows with my Craig Cary voice of disgust:

This is about showmanship. This is about heroes are remembered and legends are never forgotten. You do it because it is cool not because it makes sense. Man up Rhino. You only live once.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    we'd probably see more of this type of craziness in matches if 1) beer was involved 2) more women were watching.

:laugh:

-rvb

Hell, you'd see me pulling crap like that under those circumstances!

This is where you are just not getting it. Let me say the rest of what follows with my Craig Cary voice of disgust:

This is about showmanship. This is about heroes are remembered and legends are never forgotten. You do it because it is cool not because it makes sense. Man up Rhino. You only live once.

Okay, you've got me there. I cannot argue with any of that, especially since I am able to imagine the Craig Cary Voice of Digust.

Well hell, I'd give it a try under those conditions... I've made a fool of myself for lesser things

And some of it is documented!

Top Bottom