• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like the "conservative" darling mouth piece put his foot in it last night and came out in favour of disarming Americans. Way to go, Mr. O'Really.

via Gun Rights Examiner

I announced yesterday that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes had been invited on The O'Reilly Factor to present his side of things following the Southern Poverty Law Center's Mark Potok's attack on the previous night. Regular readers here know Potok is continuing to sing an old tune, repeatedly trying to affiliate those who honor their oaths to uphold the Constitution with violent haters.

O'Reilly embraced that meme, beginning his segment with a "Tracking Hate Groups" graphic, and presenting Potok's most outlandish characterization of the group for the back story.

Asking Rhodes why it is legitimate for Oath Keepers to even discuss government disarming Americans, Rhodes properly cited exactly that happening in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. When O'Reilly brought up a state of emergency, Rhodes shot back by challenging him to show "where...it say in the Constitution that bad weather suspends the Constitution."

"It's not a matter of bad weather," O'Reilly replied. "It's a matter of can't control the city."

O'Reilly doesn't get it if he thinks citing the Constitution as a reason not to generally disarm Americans, regardless of reason or pretext, is "a pretty extreme position."

"Being necessary to the security of a free state," particularly in time of need, is "extreme," Bill?
    More at the source.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Po8LLjIlDw]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Interviews Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes - 02/18/10[/ame]

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I laughed out loud when I read the title. 'Conservative' Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation in emergencies.

Bill O'Reilly is many things, a Conservative is NOT one of them.
    He is a Populist.
    Thanks for the laugh.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Let's see...he calls himself a conservative. Fox News calls him one. Townhall.com lists him as one and so do 1.8 million Google hits. Of course when he puts his foot in it he's a "populist". Yeah. Thanks for the laugh, indeed.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Let's see...he calls himself a conservative. Fox News calls him one. Townhall.com lists him as one and so do 1.8 million Google hits. Of course when he puts his foot in it he's a "populist". Yeah. Thanks for the laugh, indeed.

Nope you can even ask my Bro ATFConsumer, whose views on things political align closer to yours than mine, what I have always said about O'Reilly.
    Just cause people call him a Conservative doesn't make him one. I'm sure you agree that he is not, but you like to label him that for your own agenda for this story.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope you can even ask my Bro ATFConsumer, whose views on things political align closer to yours than mine, what I have always said about O'Reilly.
    Just cause people call him a Conservative doesn't make him one. I'm sure you agree that he is not, but you like to label him that for your own agenda for this story.
    So, maybe if you say he's not catholic that will make it so? Yeah...sorry, that doesn't wash. As for the label, that belongs to the author of the article, not me. I'll go with the "O'Reilly is a conservative" crowd, since he says he's one and so does every other person out there.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

"If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? Five? No. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." Abraham Lincoln.

Just because people call O'Reilly a conservative does not make him one. What would make him one is if he adheres to conservative principles. And not adhering to conservative principles makes him ... wait for it ... not a conservative regardless of what he calls himself, what Fox news calls him, and what 1.8 million Google hits calls him. (And did 1.8 million Google hits call him that or were there 1.8 million Google hits with "O'Reilly" and "Conservative" somewhere on the page which would include pages that include statements such as, "O'Reilly is not really a Conservative"?)

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    More crap from the leprechaun.
    5amcgj.jpg

1115vo6.jpg

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    Why would you need a gun in an emergency? Are you serious? did you not see the looting etc. during Katrina? No one is going to take my gun emergency or not.

Top Bottom