• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I saw a t shirt today that I thought was funny so I Goggled it when I got home of course.
    ThinkGeek :: 11 Cheers for Binary!
    e5c3_binary.jpg

Then I got looking into other binary related humor.
    some funny ones:
    ThinkGeek :: Binary Finger

ThinkGeek :: LED Binary Watch

Programming / Computer Geek Humor | All Foam No Beer
    tan-lines-from-typical-summer-activities.jpg

My older brother writes code and is the geek I can only dream of being. His favorite joke is...There are 10 kinds of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that don't.
    Having heard that too many times, well, I still don't understand binary but I have looked it up enough times to appreciate the humor.

Scutter is my new hero, exuding computer knowledge in his every word. I don't know what my fascination is with the subculture of people who's work requires them to understand the most basic, foundational mechanics of computers. I think it is that I am drawn to what I don't understand, and when you combine that with my affinity of humor I love computer geek jokes even though (and sometimes better if) I don't understand it.

What computer geek humor have you found?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I thought this was kinda funny

tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

That chart is true. The thing that makes you a computer person is your magical ability to know where the "Help" dropdown is, and how to type "google.com" into a web browser.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to become an expert in a particular application so that I can teach it to someone whose sole purpose in life is to use that application. For example, having to teach a CAD designer how to use AutoCAD. Seriously? It's your career, but I have to teach you how to use the software?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I can't tell you how many times I've had to become an expert in a particular application so that I can teach it to someone whose sole purpose in life is to use that application.

Are you referring to like a FAQ for computer geek types? Huh who knew, apparently nobody every uses the FAQ, and here this whole time I thought it was just gun nuts :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Are you referring to like a FAQ for computer geek types? Huh who knew, apparently nobody every uses the FAQ, and here this whole time I thought it was just gun nuts :D

I don't expect people to necessarily be experts. You don't have to know how to rebuild an engine to drive a car, but you for darn sure oughta know how to put the key in the ignition, fill it with gas, and where the owners manual is. And if you're a professional driver (you literally drive cars all day long for money), you shouldn't have to call tech support to ask them where the button is that turns on the defroster.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know trinary, those who dont, and those who confuse it with binary :D

I have a shirt somewhere thats same "Stop complaining or I will replace you with a small shell script"

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know trinary, those who dont, and those who confuse it with binary :D

I have a shirt somewhere thats same "Stop complaining or I will replace you with a small shell script"

I love that! I think I'll have a T made for Bill with that on it! I have a T that's not related to computers, unless of course you're in the medical field and understand the stress of "electronic frustration". It reads "Do NOT annoy the Unmedicated!"

Bill's my "computer/electronics geek" (or genius as I prefer to think:):). He's my main "make it work!" man when I get a new cell phone, computer, IPod, or any other type of electronic gadget that I have no earthly clue how to use. And yes, I do try to read the instruction book, I don't understand that either! I simply hand it to him, or our daughter (she's good too) with the frustrated request of "make it ......". Otherwise I just push buttons till it does something similar to what I want, then I have to remember what buttons I pushed the next time I need to repeat that action. PITA!

Scutter, Spasmo must either be equally as talented as you are, or as lucky as I am, to have someone so intelligent to "make it ......" for her! Experts are few and far between, and we're 2 very lucky women!

Now......"um Bill.....make my phone upload the picts of our furbabies, so I can post them on the Dog thread." Were I left to my own devices, I'd be completely lost. I guess I really am electronically handicapped. Or to put it more bluntly, as our child refers to me "Mom, you're an Electronic Dinosaur". Well, if the shoe fits.......and in my case it definitely does! :dunno:

7th Stepper

PS: Bill is also the main "make it dead", "make it move", "make it open", "make it off/on", "make it closed", ect. The poor guy is really overworked in this house! :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom