• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Glad to hear it’s turning around!

You know I do not know if you can ever say a show, a flea market, an auction is turning around.. Because those things are living, breathing entities that reflect the times, locations and conditions of the world around them... They are always changing, always turning around..

Now there are occasions when a show/flea market may stagnate because say there is a limited space and the same dealers arrive with lets say with the same items... But Gun Shows are unique in the selling arena because it is almost expected to have people walking in with items to Sell and trade... The Gun Show is very fluid. And say a dull and uninteresting show that one has been to all morning can suddenly turn into an exciting show, when someone walks in at 3:00 in the afternoon wanting to clean out his closet.

In other words. A bad show can become a great show in seconds if someone shows up with something you wants at a price you wants to pay...

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sounds like I should have went to this one. I see the Norwegian K98's on Gunbroker all the time, they usually start about $800. Back when I started collecting you could get them for about $400. A couple years ago I found a Navy marked Norwegian in the original 8mm. They were asking $2,000. Still kicking myself on passing on that one.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Went and picked up some odds and ends (Makarov mags). Nice little show. Got to talk to Mauser Mike briefly and pick on Woodie. The high dollar Colt, S&W and SP 1 and SP 2 Colt guy must have cleaned out his closet. The guy just south of him had some very nice Colt Troopers and OP Colts too. And a gorgeous target Win. 52. I don't understand the Troopers not getting the attention that the Colt Snake guns get. (read that as high dollars)

Top Bottom