Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I feel as if this may be my fault. My bad.
    iu

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Another defensive collapse in the 4th quarter to lose a game…

It’s just preseason.
    It’s just preseason.
    It’s just preseason.
    It’s just preseason.
    It’s just preseason.
    I know, I know... but it still hurts. I was excited to see how well our 2nd and 3rd stringers were doing. But maybe it's a good thing. Our regular season usually seems to go better when we have a sucky pre-season. :):

But we did see some good stuff. And the commentator just said, in the pre-season, you want to win the first half. That makes sense.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    You guys did a great job (as always) of blow by blow coverage so I have not lost much as to my mental health.
    Pre-season fellas.
    When I came back inside I didn’t log in while the game was playing so I wouldn’t see a spoiler post. Knew it would be on here. I’m glad football season is back, those first few weeks after super bowl is like withdrawals or something.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It’s hard to tell on tv, but it looks like Ryan has no one to throw to. No separation anywhere.
    I live in PA now, so I depend on INGO for Colt updates. This is the most discouraging thing I am seeing about the game. We already knew WR is the weak spot and it is just a preseason game, but it is hard to see how they can possibly be a contender if they can't get open against a 2nd team defense. :(

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I live in PA now, so I depend on INGO for Colt updates. This is the most discouraging thing I am seeing about the game. We already knew WR is the weak spot and it is just a preseason game, but it is hard to see how they can possibly be a contender if they can't get open against a 2nd team defense. :(
    When you slam Johnny T.. at the line for 4 yards per carry over and over as a defense you start to stack the box so he gets less than 3. A good o line behind a generational pulling guard and generational half back should cause the long pass to open up with a couple missed coverages.
    Once the box is stacked you can throw the ball.
    Predictions: take the under on points for at least the first two games. The third is against a generational qBack so I don’t know about that game. Take the under most of the season but at first until Las Vegas changes up the line.
    Johnny T will take time off the clock and the offense on the field. Allows a pretty good defense to stay fresh. Scores should be low all season and where the colts fail is when the other team can score against the defense quickly and often. In a shootout the colts have much less a chance. In ground and pound football they will be better than most in the league.
    10-7 winning the AFC south and a home playoff game.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Also, the play calls were extremely vanilla. Like high school level stuff. Reich is really good at scheming up ways to get guys open during normal football.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Also, the play calls were extremely vanilla. Like high school level stuff. Reich is really good at scheming up ways to get guys open during normal football.
    Like CM said, it’s pre season fellas, ref’s and players. Only time will tell the true story.

They (coaches) are looking at different things for different reasons, they’re not going to give anything away now that might hurt them in regular season play. Hold on, it’s early keep your fingers crossed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom