• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Just spent a couple of hours at the indoor range shooting my new Defender. Shot pretty well and had no difficulties at all hitting the targets from 25 feet.

I didn't think that the recoil from the 3'' was much more noticeable than from my XD45C which I was shooting today also. The Colt may have been a bit louder from the short barrel.

We also shot my 22 pistols. I took a Ruger Mk II Slabside and a Ruger Mk II 5 1/2". These two pistols shoot great groups from 25 feet.

My son-in-law, myself and the oldest grandson shot up a few hundred 22's and probably 200 rounds of .45 ammo. We had a great time together.

Happy New Year

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm always happy when someone gets a new (or new to them) 1911-style gun that actually functions 100% when they get it. When it's a compact model, even more so!

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm glad you had a good first outing with the defender. I was amazed at minimal the recoil was compared to what I expected. And you sure can't beat a couple of .22s for a fun afternoon of shooting that doesn't break the bank.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Heading back to the range today with a friend that is interested in joining Old Trails Rifle and Pistol Club. We have an indoor and an outdoor range so guess where I will be shooting today.

Hope to get more proficient with the Defender by putting another 100 rounds through it and paying attention to my shot placement.

Top Bottom