• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monsolo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Here's what I found out... a "shotgun/rifle" combo referred to by the Indiana DNR rules is NOT the same as the Circuit Judge format. The Indiana DNR is talking about over/under shotguns that shoot .410 out of one barrel and .45LC out of the other (or any combination of shells and calibers). The Circuit Judge is not considered a "shotgun/rifle" combo... rather it is considered a "revolver/rifle" combo and is ok for deer hunting.

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Congrats on your new purchase! I have only handled these in person, never shot one. I was curious if the gasses escaping between the cylinder and the barrel would be an issue, especially with the hotter loads. If I recall correctly, Taurus put a "shield" at the bottom of the cylinder to protect your arm, but I was wondering if it would actually work well.

No issues at all - the shield works like a charm - from factory loads to my own, no problems at all.

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    A long follow up as I've been too busy to keep on on posts. My son dropped his first doe this last season using the Circut armed with a handload 225gn Hornady 45Colt FTX (same projectile as the LEVERevolution round). The rangefinder had the deer at 86 yards, he shot from an elevated tree stand with a 3x9 Weaver on it. She dropped within 20 yards. Clean lung and heart shot with entry and exit. There were some that were inquiring if the 45Colt had the velocity and stopping power. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have a Circuit Judge also (.410/.45LC) and was wanting to use it for hunting deer here in Indiana. But, when I checked the DNR site to find out if .45LC was legal for deer in a rifle, I also saw that rifle/shutgun combo's are not allowed for hunting. Does this gun qualify as a shotgun/rifle combo or is it legal for hunting here in Indiana??

The ability to fire .410 doesn't make it a shotgun. A smooth bore would. Combo guns are those with two barrels, like a .410/.22 over-under.

Top Bottom