• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    CIA: Iran Moving Closer to Nuclear Weapon Liveshots

A recently published report by the Central Intelligence Agency says Iran is still working on building a nuclear weapon despite some technical setbacks and international resistance -- and the Pentagon say it's still concerned about Iran's ambitions. The mandated report to congress reads, "Iran continues to develop a range of capabilities that could be applied to producing nuclear weapons, if a decision is made to do so."

"Iran continued to expand its nuclear infrastructure and continued uranium enrichment and activities related to its heavy water research reactor, despite multiple United Nations Security Council Resolutions since late 2006 calling for the suspensin of those activities," the report says.

The CIA's new characterization of Iran's nuclear program stands in contradiction to the 2007 National Intelligence Estimate on Iran, which determined the country halted its nuclear production efforts in 2003.
    The CIA has said this a few times now in their reports, but now it is backed up by this:

EXCLUSIVE: Iran Nuclear Scientist Defects to U.S. In CIA 'Intelligence Coup' - ABC News

An award-winning Iranian nuclear scientist, who disappeared last year under mysterious circumstances, has defected to the CIA and been resettled in the United States, according to people briefed on the operation by intelligence officials.
    If they do have the nuclear program that the CIA is saying they do, it shouldn't be long before they have either ELINT or HUMINT to back it up. I think the times of saber rattling are over.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Obviously this just means that our open hand we have been extending to them hasn't been open enough. We simply need to be even kinder to them.

The current administration ... I just don't know if he has the stones to launch an attack on Iran. He would once again have to go against everything he has said. But on the other hand why should this be any different. He has lied about so many other things (transparency, Cspan coverage, Iraq, etc.).

Do we really think the Chinese and Russians are going to work with us? They showed that they enjoyed watching us twist in the wind before.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    The current administration ... I just don't know if he has the stones to launch an attack on Iran. He would once again have to go against everything he has said. But on the other hand why should this be any different. He has lied about so many other things (transparency, Cspan coverage, Iraq, etc.).

Do we really think the Chinese and Russians are going to work with us? They showed that they enjoyed watching us twist in the wind before.
    I don't see us attacking Iran. The Chinese, Russians, French, and a country I can't remember the name of, will go the current "sanctions" route, which China has been stonewalling for a while now. Iran has to worry about Israel.

The scientist that defected to us must have gotten a ton of money from us, me thinks. But with HUMINT, we don't always get what we pay for in the quality of the info. His information lends credence to the CIA's position about nuclear arms but it doesn't seal the deal for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Remember the article a few weeks ago that President Obama had canceled the shipment of bunker busters to Israel. Hopefully they have enough of them saved up as it sounds like most of the labs and such are deep underground.

After the treatment Netanyahu received at the WH this past week, its too bad their survival hangs in the balance. Otherwise they could tell us to deal with it ourselves. They will have to do something to protect themselves though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Remember the article a few weeks ago that President Obama had canceled the shipment of bunker busters to Israel. Hopefully they have enough of them saved up as it sounds like most of the labs and such are deep underground.
    If the lab at Qum in Iran is still active, they'll (Israel) need something to open up that ground. Actually it is a mountain if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here is a map we had of the underground facilities.

popup.gif

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We need a really big magnifying glass to burn them then :)

Notice the proximity of some of them to Tehran. Any bets that they are below populated areas?

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    rant

/: begin_rant

I seems to hear headlines frequently about Iran and North Korea. Isn't it the UN's responsibility to monitor nuclear weapons programs? Why aren't they the governing body monitoring this? I guess I'm just frustrated hearing all this talk about nuclear weapons with no plans to stop/hinder/intercept the progression of these programs.

/: end_rant

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Iran wants Israel to attack them to show the "evil Jews" and what they do. It is no coincidence that they built the reactors near major cities since civilian casualties are a big NO to Americans.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    If they do have the nuclear program that the CIA is saying they do, it shouldn't be long before they have either ELINT or HUMINT to back it up. I think the times of saber rattling are over.

So? It's not a threat to us. Lots of countries have an atomic bomb. We don't invade them. Does Iran have an ICBM aimed at us? Of course, not. Iran poses no threat to the land of the United States.

I know the Republican Liberals love war, but it's time to do the right thing for the country and let Iran be.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

After the treatment Netanyahu received at the WH this past week, its too bad their survival hangs in the balance. Otherwise they could tell us to deal with it ourselves. They will have to do something to protect themselves though.

Netanyahu insulted Biden in Israel, a few days prior, and deserved an upbraiding. America is not Israel's vassal state.

A war upon Iran could be the end of Israel. Further, since Israel uses American weaponry and ordinance in its attacks, we have accountability for any losses Iran suffers.

We need to pay attention to ourselves, only, and leave the Middle East alone. Our meddling and side-choosing is deeply hurting us.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I don't see us attacking Iran. The Chinese, Russians, French, and a country I can't remember the name of, will go the current "sanctions" route, which China has been stonewalling for a while now. Iran has to worry about Israel.

The scientist that defected to us must have gotten a ton of money from us, me thinks. But with HUMINT, we don't always get what we pay for in the quality of the info. His information lends credence to the CIA's position about nuclear arms but it doesn't seal the deal for me.

If the lab at Qum in Iran is still active, they'll (Israel) need something to open up that ground. Actually it is a mountain if I'm not mistaken.

So? It's not a threat to us. Lots of countries have an atomic bomb. We don't invade them. Does Iran have an ICBM aimed at us? Of course, not. Iran poses no threat to the land of the United States.

I know the Republican Liberals love war, but it's time to do the right thing for the country and let Iran be.
    Read. Read it again. Where did I say that I wanted us to invade that country?

This is the 2nd thread where you won't read what is actually written but feel the need to jump in with both feet.

Welcome back, AMP. And I'm not a Republican. Never have been.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Iran wants Israel to attack them to show the "evil Jews" and what they do. It is no coincidence that they built the reactors near major cities since civilian casualties are a big NO to Americans.

Are you kidding? The U.S. has killed 1.3 million Iraqis since 2003. We have the sad distinction of killing more Iraqis than Saddam. Nagasaki and Hiroshima were also civilian attacks.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Really you believe this?! WOW...
    Netanyahu insulted Biden in Israel, a few days prior, and deserved an upbraiding. America is not Israel's vassal state.

A war upon Iran could be the end of Israel. Further, since Israel uses American weaponry and ordinance in its attacks, we have accountability for any losses Iran suffers.

We need to pay attention to ourselves, only, and leave the Middle East alone. Our meddling and side-choosing is deeply hurting us.
    After what kind of insult was dealt by either Biden or Obama? Isolationism is not a very intellegent move. Thanks to Coolidge and FDR we are the Worlds police force. At least until someone else steps up to the job...
    A War between Israel and Iran both sides use our hardware. So which side are we accountable for?! Oh ya who cares...
    Are you kidding? The U.S. has killed 1.3 million Iraqis since 2003. We have the sad distinction of killing more Iraqis than Saddam. Nagasaki and Hiroshima were also civilian attacks.
    Only 1.3 million, huh... I thought it was more... Oh well, it is War. Nagasaki and Hiroshima... To bad we did not drop the 3rd one also...

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    You asked, I replied. You're not making friends fast, I'll say that. Good day.

Is the goal to make friends or speak the truth? I suppose I should just grab a pitchfork and start screaming epithets, like the rest of the Fox News audience?

Wrong is wrong, even if nobody is right. Gun owners are fast earning a name for themselves as intolerant, unthinking, bullies who have unanimity of thought. Outside of this echo chamber, many of the ideas deeply here are in the distinct minority.

If we don't rise above this, we will be marginalized as the demographics of the country shift. Let us gun owners not be the odd old man with archaic ways at whom the children jeer.

Top Bottom