• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And wants the PRC to target the Philippines and Vietnam. They see the US as distracted by the interminable and open ended war on terror and call for the the PRC to take advantage of it to bolster their access to resources. Hopefully, the communist party is more interested in their nations checkbook and bottom line, rather than warfare. It's a certainty that the US is currently incapable of dealing with an outbreak in that region.

Walker's World: War in South China Sea? - UPI.com

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    If we don't have some treaty or other obligation, someone else can step in and be the Savior for once.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If the Chinese go against the Philippines we'll likely get involved. We do have treaty obligations with our former territory, I'm sure.

I dont see how we couldnt. Especially if during a time that China is taking on Vietnam (ugh i cant think of the islands name that "seperated" from China), the Philippines etc, North Korea will probly feal emboldened and attack S Korea. Wonder if Japan would be OK, guess it would depend on what China wants, I know theres lots of bad blood between them two.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I wouldn't call the Global Times an official organ, exactly.

Anyway, China already had its a** handed to it by Vietnam in 1979. They're not about to risk provoking the US, although their continuing rhetoric is going to lead to a unification of South East Asia to contain Chinese aggression.

China's military may look impressive, but how many wars have they fought and won?

Another few years and separatists in Xinjiang will get hold of nuclear weapons. That plus internal economic issues will keep China busy just trying to hold together.

This sort of stuff is just whistling past the graveyard.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I wouldn't call the Global Times an official organ, exactly.

Anyway, China already had its a** handed to it by Vietnam in 1979. They're not about to risk provoking the US, although their continuing rhetoric is going to lead to a unification of South East Asia to contain Chinese aggression.

China's military may look impressive, but how many wars have they fought and won?

Another few years and separatists in Xinjiang will get hold of nuclear weapons. That plus internal economic issues will keep China busy just trying to hold together.

This sort of stuff is just whistling past the graveyard.

HAH! Our military LOOKS impressive, but how many wars have we faught and won?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    HAH! Our military LOOKS impressive, but how many wars have we faught and won?

Their government has a few less scruples than ours does. Our military has never been the problem, but rather the policies which run it. China can and probably would level Vietnam if it meant having more room and especially resources to exploit. Plus, it'd embolden North Korea to smash the South, as has been mentioned previously. AFAIK Without our aid Japan would fall: she still isn't allowed the sort of military presence that China is and her highly technological infrastructure in the high-population density cities is an easy target for destructive bombing.

Though, we would aid Japan. We need Honda to make our engines and I think we'd get some people back from the bloody grave to defend our laptop and computer production :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If China went to war, i wouldnt see them following any "laws." I would see it as an all out war, like war is meant to be. They would use hollow points, bunker busters, whatever the heck they have, and when the UN says "You cant do that." China would say, "Then stop us."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Can America engage a real enemy after exhausting itself fighting roadside bombers and treasonous emailers?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    If the Chinese go against the Philippines we'll likely get involved. We do have treaty obligations with our former territory, I'm sure.

If my old person's memory serves me right, I beleave it's called SEATO (South East Asia Treaty Organization).

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

... and then we erase our debt with China. We don't have to pay back debt to countries we are warring against. So, yeah, I think the US will be very motivated to get involved. Maybe we'll declare war officially for once.

I don't think China is that dumb.

Da Bing

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom