Child Protective Services: Legal Kidnapping For Profit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've always heard horror stories about CPS, but I the corruption goes much deeper than I realized. I found some of the work of Nancy Schaefer, a Georgia State Senator who spent a great deal of effort exposing CPS. She calls CPS, "Legal Kiddnapping." Here is one of her speeches. I particularly like her stance on giving parents a jury trial before confiscating their children.

"This is not to say that there are not those children in wretched situations who need to be removed. There are, and we all agree. But tonight, I'm talking about those children removed from their homes, intentionally, for profit. Children are seized unnecessarily from their families due to the Federal aid created in 1974, entitled The Adoption and Safe Families Act. It offers financial incentives to the states that increase adoption numbers. To receive the adoption incentives, or bonuses, local CPS must have more children. They must have more merchandise to sell. Funding is available when a child is placed in a foster home with strangers, or placed in a mental health facility, and medicated, usually against the parents' wishes. Parents are victimized by the system that makes a profit for holding children longer, and bonuses for not returning children to their parents. This is abuse of power, it is lack of accountability, and it is a growing criminal political phenomenon spreading around the globe."

"Remove, abolish the Federal and State financial incentives. And those are tax-payer dollars. Those dollars have turned CPS into a business that takes children and separates families for money. Open family court, remove the confidentiality laws. Give parents their rights verbally, and in writing. I even feel, that to terminate the rights of parents, the case should be heard before a jury."

-- Georgia Senator Nancy Schaefer

Report of Georgia Senator Nancy Schaefer on CPS Corruption

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFDEV9dYf8M

Tragically, after exposing the multi-billion dollar criminal kidnapping enterprise, she was shot in her sleep, allegedly by her elderly husband of 52 years, described as amiable and always by her side.

What really took 2 lives in the Schaefer case?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One more example of an evil tentacle of the .gov destroying lives for fun and profit, especially those who try to stand up to the evil. My observations trend toward a two-edged sword so far as over-enforcing on the innocent and under-enforcing in the cases of children with parents who should be executed for their behavior toward their children.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Not the same premiss, but shades of The Tall Man.
    Someone else choosing who, where and how your children should live.

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I haven't thought about CPS, and I don't feel independently informed about Rambone's points of contention. But the case of Felix Chen (in Indiana) shocked me. He was wrongfully taken away from his mother, a professor at Indiana University. Then he died because CPS didn't give him his meds. WTF???

I mention this case because we often think that CPS only deals with the poor and the destitute. But apparently even the educated and the innocent are not exempt.

ParentingBanter.com - View Single Post - Felix Chen ""protected"" to death

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    There is no such thing as legal kidnapping.

If someone comes for my son, they better come with team mates and a death wish. I don't like making threats, but I can promise that if CPS knocks on my door demanding my (7 year old) baby, you'll hear about me on the news.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Thank you Rambone, you seem to have made a thread without major hyperbole and actually drawn attention to a real problem.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is no such thing as legal kidnapping.

If someone comes for my son, they better come with team mates and a death wish. I don't like making threats, but I can promise that if CPS knocks on my door demanding my (7 year old) baby, you'll hear about me on the news.

I'll stand with you on that.

No force under heaven is going to take my children while I draw breath.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    They will and they can, the law is on their side and they make the IRS look innocent. CPS does not give a **** about children per say but more about making their statistics look favorable for funding. In the end the child and family are the ones that suffer.

I have seen first hand them take advantage of loving parents where no abuse existed and clearly avoid another child that was.

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    My wife did a homeloan for a DCFS worker in gary and when it came to income she explained to my wife that the longer they keep a file open the more money they make. So when children are taken from the home and the longer they drag it thru the courts the more this woman makes which as she states last roughly a 1 year process. My wife was sick to her stomach talking to the woman.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Didn't the Adoption and Safe Families Act come about because children were being parked in orphanages and foster homes indefinitely with no effort on the part of the state to look for long term solutions? The earlier philosophy used to be that birth parents are always better for children: burns and bruises heal, Mom cleans up the filth, hides the bottles, and the kids are back home with no follow-up investigation, because there was no money to do anything else.

I am tired of fear-mongering. All government agencies are over-funded, bureaucratic nightmares, that are mostly unConstitutional. Outside of Columbia though, how much government-funded "kidnapping for profit" is really going on these days?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I can deal with removing a child from a home environment, if there are extraordinary circumstances that demonstrate a reasonable and articulate suspicion of abuse and/or neglect.

Too often, there are failures of CPS that go the other way. This past week in Indianapolis, Bambi Glazebrook starved her 2 month old child to death (link), whilst her 2 year old wasn't far from it either. Considering that her other children had previously been removed from the residence by CPS, I still am not clear why this tragedy had to occur.

There has to be a happy medium in these circumstances. Pulling money away from adoptions is a good, first step, but removing the politics and egos from CPS is what is really needed.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CPS is like the War on Drugs. Sure, there are lives saved and made better by their actions, but there are far more that they destroy for no benefit to the public as a whole. Better a few people ruin their lives with illicit chemistry than we have the largest prison population per capita on the planet. Better a few parents screw up and even kill their own children than the State be used to screw up and even kill the innocent children of innocent parents.

The balance sheets are imbalanced toward evil, because of, not despite, the actions of government in both of these cases.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    CPS is like the War on Drugs. Sure, there are lives saved and made better by their actions, but there are far more that they destroy for no benefit to the public as a whole. Better a few people ruin their lives with illicit chemistry than we have the largest prison population per capita on the planet. Better a few parents screw up and even kill their own children than the State be used to screw up and even kill the innocent children of innocent parents.

The balance sheets are imbalanced toward evil, because of, not despite, the actions of government in both of these cases.

Absolutely! It defies my understanding that anyone could consider the .gov taking a bad situation and making it exponentially worse to constitution a solution.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    There are many cases when CPS is truly needed. For the bogus cases they're not, I feel for the parents and their children. They're nothing more than a political whipping post and laughing stock for the black hearted media goons.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There are many cases when CPS is truly needed. For the bogus cases they're not, I feel for the parents and their children. They're nothing more than a political whipping post and laughing stock for the black hearted media goons.

I am still left scratching my head. The major palyer in the local CPS is a friend of the family who generally appears level-headed and still seems to come down on the wrong side (in both directions varying with the case) uncomfortably often. I would hate to see what it is like in a larger, more bureaucratic office.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I am still left scratching my head. The major palyer in the local CPS is a friend of the family who generally appears level-headed and still seems to come down on the wrong side (in both directions varying with the case) uncomfortably often. I would hate to see what it is like in a larger, more bureaucratic office.
    Im sure there are a lot of cases they investigate to only find a bogus report and costing taxpayers millions of dollars quarterly. There should be a fix for that to show a decrease in the taxes paid on such waste.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Im sure there are a lot of cases they investigate to only find a bogus report and costing taxpayers millions of dollars quarterly. There should be a fix for that to show a decrease in the taxes paid on such waste.

The last two cases that came to my attention left children that I have no doubt were being molested unaided and a man I have no doubt is innocent in prison. Hell, in that case I would have walked him if I were a disinterested juror with no information other than the paperwork the prosecutor had presented him. They couldn't even get the accusation straight. Never mind the additional information I had available that was received with fingers stuck in ears while humming.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would hate to see what it is like in a larger, more bureaucratic office.

Yes you would. If I get into it I will quickly go into full rant mode, but I got official complaints filed against me from CPS workers when I was still in uniform. I got very few complaints from citizens, none of which were ever sustained, so that should tell you something.

Its a sad nation that would leave children in a house where they are being beaten, sexually abused, or starved. We need a service in place to get children out of that situation. Its easy to sit at the computer and say its better for a few kids to die, but you aren't the ones looking at them, talking to them, hearing their stories. They are hypothetical to you, not real children. They are very real when you see them. Its the only thing that's ever made me cry as a cop.

CPS needs an overhaul from the ground up, IMO, as its neither effective nor responsive. In fairness, they've apparently been changing how they do things and are trying harder to place children with other family members and the like. I just find it hard to be fair to them after I saw how they operated years ago.

Top Bottom