Chicago Mayor Says That Due To Negative Connotations We Should Stop Using The Word 'Chicago'

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Chicago Mayor Says That Due To Negative Connotations We Should Stop Using The Word 'Chicago'

CHICAGO — Mayor Brandon Johnson advised Chicago reporters to stop using the word "Chicago" when describing anything that happens in Chicago because of all the negative connotations associated with Chicago.

"You can call it 'The Windy City' or 'Downtown Deep Dish' but do not, under any circumstances call it Chicago," said the mayor of Chicago. "That just wouldn't be appropriate."

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You almost had me. I really wonder how long this country will tolerate local news reporting on crime. It's the only part of news left that's still allowed to tell it how it is. I guess the Soros foundation just doesn't have enough money to buy up all the local stations, to prevent it from being reported.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Got me at first.
    Till I went to look at the article.

:orly:

Same here, but I think for good reason with comments like this just a few days ago:
    Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson reportedly snapped at a reporter for calling young rioters a “mob,” insisting they were just “large gatherings” — and that labeling the riots “mob actions” was inappropriate.

“That’s not appropriate,” the newly minted mayor said in response to a reporter’s question about trends like “mob actions” the city has endured.

“We’re not talking about mob actions. I didn’t say that,” Johnson barked back. “These large gatherings … it’s important that we speak of these dynamics in an appropriate way.”

This isn't satire. I saw the press conference.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom