• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I had almost begun to think we were flying under the radar here in B-Burg but this afternoon we finally had the dreaded visit by the Census worker. Very polite older man that claimed they never received our original form back in the mail. informed him we did send it back with the required number of people in the residence and that is all I am going to answer now.

Informed me that while it is only required to answer the number of people in the constitution congress had passed laws that made it mandatory for all answers of the form to be filled out. Went on to explain that by answering all questions it not only helps with the seats in house of reps but it also makes sure we get our fair share of federal funding. OH BOY!

He began asking questions and I politely said no comment to all of them. He constantly commented he was not trying to be confrontational but I needed to answer all the questions. I told him that makes two of us not being confrontational and just smiled back.

When he was about half way through I asked him how did he even know he was asking questions of the right person. He looked puzzled and said what? I said you never asked if I was head of household,legal owner,identification,nothing. I might be from out of town and just making everything up!! glazed look over his eyes at that point.:lmfao:

Finally he gave up and said he would report this to his supervisor and see what type of follow-up might be needed. Wished him a good afternoon and watched him walk away.

we'll see how long it takes for the supervisor to come knocking:p

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I would have just asked him to leave. You gave him more information than I would have.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Got my visit today. I told her I sent mine in. She said I made the "list" to come and visit. She asked if I would answer the questions again. I said I'd answer the first question only, just like on the form I sent. I answered the first question. She filled in the answer; asked one more time if I want to answer the rest or not; I said "no"; she checked another box near the top of the first page and left. The exchange was very cordial.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Got my visit today. I told her I sent mine in. She said I made the "list" to come and visit. She asked if I would answer the questions again. I said I'd answer the first question only, just like on the form I sent. I answered the first question. She filled in the answer; asked one more time if I want to answer the rest or not; I said "no"; she checked another box near the top of the first page and left. The exchange was very cordial.

Weird. I got the same visit today even though we sent ours in also... maybe today was INGO follow up day...

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I have rental property and they have come to me seeking info on the resident as of April whatever. They get steamed at me when all I will tell them is that it was occupied and by how many people. They can't seem to understand that without signed permission from my tenant I cannot give out any more info. One worker that called was hardly understandable...... she did not speak English very well.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Im still mad they havent payed me a visit, however I have the trick to it. You have to move from an apartment into a house during their running around. :) problem solved

Top Bottom