• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    I couldn't find anything specific to this park and we have a big family get together coming up before Christmas. Does anyone know if Pokagon State Park would have different rules for CC than any of the other state parks? As I understand the state law I am OK carrying in a state park and lodge but I thought this park might be under Fed law or some other restriction. Does anyone know?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I CC there last January when the wife and I took a bit of a break. No problems. My son and I did the research in advance. As far as I know, it is covered by the state laws without the Feds violating our state and Constitutional rights. I do not know how the folks on sight would react, since no one saw my G26. Some things you only show your wife. ;)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I couldn't find anything specific to this park and we have a big family get together coming up before Christmas. Does anyone know if Pokagon State Park would have different rules for CC than any of the other state parks? As I understand the state law I am OK carrying in a state park and lodge but I thought this park might be under Fed law or some other restriction. Does anyone know?

Me, too!!! Every single year....Do I know you??
    P.S. I always carry regardless...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Same as any state park - no federal control whatsoever.

Some caveats here:

There are SOME state parks in Indiana that are under the jurisdiction of the Army Corps of Engineers; generally if the "park" is mostly a reservoir, then chances are very good that any firearms at all, and especially personally carried firearms, are against the law.

You've really got to know the park and the ACoE-controlled areas.

Personally, I do not believe that Pokagon is one in question. There is indeed a large lake there, but it's a lake, not a man-made and controlled reservoir.

I believe that the only State Park under ACoE control that does not have a reservoir is Falls of the Ohio in Jeffersonville.

-J-

rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    I would agree about the deep cover rig being advisable. I hate staying overnight somewhere without having a gun along. If I was just going for the day I wouldn't be concerned but staying over night just multiplies the chance of discovery. I don't need any grief from my libertard family members (doesn't every family have a few?) and knowing those numbskulls they would turn me in. Normally I would just tell them to stick it but I don't want to upset my parents who are in their 80's and just want everyone to have a good time. Ain't family fun!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I would agree about the deep cover rig being advisable. I hate staying overnight somewhere without having a gun along. If I was just going for the day I wouldn't be concerned but staying over night just multiplies the chance of discovery. I don't need any grief from my libertard family members (doesn't every family have a few?) and knowing those numbskulls they would turn me in. Normally I would just tell them to stick it but I don't want to upset my parents who are in their 80's and just want everyone to have a good time. Ain't family fun!

OK, that clears it up. Although I have two of those in mine, they wouldn't turn me in. :D The rest of them are very gun friendly.
    Does your fam reserve one of the rooms. Hey wait,...are YOU the ones that snorked the Wigwam room out from under us this year?? :D :p

Top Bottom