• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Have any of you guys done it? Does anyone know wether carry is even an issue at these type of events? Are you likely to be "Wanded" by security? Oh yeah, My sentimental favorite to win is Kevin Windham.(win one for us old guys, Kev.!:rockwoot:)

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have been wanded going into every Supercross I have gone to, whether it was here in Indiana or MI or MO.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Best way to beat the wanding the rent-a-cops do is to ankle carry a small auto or revolver. Their "thorough" metal-detecting usually stops mid-thigh.

But...I've not been to any of the Supercross events. Just Colts' games.

-J-

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Best way to beat the wanding the rent-a-cops do is to ankle carry a small auto or revolver. Their "thorough" metal-detecting usually stops mid-thigh.

But...I've not been to any of the Supercross events. Just Colts' games.

-J-

I'll make sure you get a VERY thorough wanding next time you come through my line.:D....Every event carries a different level of check. We never know until the event what type will be done.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    I'm kind of hijackings this thread, but it has to deal with the same thing. What about carrying at the NHRA US Nationals at Orielly Raceway Park?

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    To the OP, if Supercross is anything like Monster Jam, then there was no security. They scanned my ticket outside Lucas Oil, and then we walked right in. Wish I woulda known that going in, but I guess I now know for next year!

I'm kind of hijackings this thread, but it has to deal with the same thing. What about carrying at the NHRA US Nationals at Orielly Raceway Park?

Unless it's carried in a purse, bag, or cooler, no one will know.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    They do a cursory search for bags/purses, mostly for glass bottles, and not much else. No posted rules on their website or grounds. Can't remember what the tickets say. CCW is a good idea.

Is wanding becoming more common at the Stadium and Fieldhouse? I've only been wanded once or twice, but I'm not downtown too often.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Hell, I still root for Roger DeCoster.... Gotta love me an RM 370!
    I still have my Joel Robert MX boots from the 70's when I was Riding enduro on a Yamaha DT! They are really looking bad,though. Oh yeah, I have new ones, but when I wear them, it's just not the same! Go old school !:rockwoot:

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I think it depends on the line your in I would guess? When I was with my buddy and we both had pro license's we walked right through. When you have a pro card you dont even need a ticket. Just show the card and walk right on in. And Im going to root for Ryan Dungey and Trey Carnard. I used to race with both of them when they were amateurs.

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    it has been a fw yrs since i went but they did search my bad and in some lines they do pat the men down and check waist bands on men and women. so i would say if you carry go with the ankle carry. you could always do a walk by and see how they are checking people and if you have to go hide it back in the car you can

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I think it depends on the line your in I would guess? When I was with my buddy and we both had pro license's we walked right through. When you have a pro card you dont even need a ticket. Just show the card and walk right on in. And Im going to root for Ryan Dungey and Trey Carnard. I used to race with both of them when they were amateurs.
    :cool:Man, that would really be the ticket (pun intended) Do you intend to carry? For me it's looking like a "leave it in the car" kind of situation. Dungy & Canard, huh? are you one of those "young Whippersnappers" I meet on the trail ? Have a good time.

Top Bottom