• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    this reminds me of the time i went to debs gun range and they told me that the only way i could carry under the age of 21 was if i carried my parents "registered" gun. i later found out there was no gun registration in indiana.

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Did they remain so after you hired them to research said laws? No one, lawyer, judge, LEO, or legislator can know every law that is applicable to every situation. The attorney knows the law generally and knows the law specifically in areas he/she has had reason to research.
    A physician knows medicine generally and his/her specialty very well. A pharmacist knows medicines (plural) specifically, however a retail pharmacist will not know a medication that is not for public sale nor one that is used specifically in testing.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    B

You're right. Even with my photographic memory, I still have to research subjects I'm not familiar with. :D

However, with as much negative press as firearms and gun owners receive these days, you'd think all criminal lawyers would make it a point to research current and proposed gun laws, especially if they're going to question the actions of those who end-up in court because they are charged with using one of those "evil assault gun things that's loaded with specially designed cop killer bullets in a high capacity magazine" to defend themselves against some underprivileged, socially oppressed victim of childhood abuse who was simply striking out in frustration when they tried to kill the one who killed them.

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    this reminds me of the time i went to debs gun range and they told me that the only way i could carry under the age of 21 was if i carried my parents "registered" gun. i later found out there was no gun registration in indiana.

Don't you just hate it when those who are clearly ignorant of a particular subject try to inflict what they 'feel' is the law on you?

I'll tell you how I 'feel' about these ignoramuses: Anyone in a position of authority who uses false information to intimidate, and/or mislead others should be forced to sit in front of an idiot box tuned to CNN until they realize how important it is to know the facts before opening their pie holes.

Do you hear me, "Mark"? :noway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    One should be able to assume a gun shop owner (& FFL holder) would know the laws that governs his trade.. but sadly this is not the case.

Most of them do know those laws-the ones that govern what one must do in Indiana to sell guns. Asking them to know all the laws regarding the carry or firing of guns would be akin to asking a guy who works at the WalMart watch counter to know how to build a clock.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    B

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    yeah thats true. something i learned over the years is that you really CANT count on people.

i was even told that underarm holsters were illegal for civilians!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was away from a computer for a few days and missed this thread. I am interested if anyone ever spoke to Darrel about Mark. I bought one gun and some ammo there a year ago and dealt directly with Darrel. This has me curious.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom