• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaWoodsman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    East Central
    .308 is not the standard round for the AK-47..the 7.62x39 is. I have never seen a bolt action that the bolt had to "be pulled all the way out" to put in another round. And every bolt-action sniper rifle I have ever seen was a repeter, not a single-shot.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    258Troll_spray.jpg
    RichardMachowicz.jpg

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Club the cute lil cuddly seal.:ar15:
    I am thinkin Mac was a radio operator or worked with actual seals in the Zoo.
    Then again maybe we are overthinkin this. :popcorn:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Club the cute lil cuddly seal.:ar15:
    I am thinkin Mac was a radio operator or worked with actual seals in the Zoo.
    Then again maybe we are overthinkin this. :popcorn:

.223 - Thought that the actual military clasification was 5.56x45 (5.56 Nato, M193, M855, etc.)

.308 - As noted, not the standard round for the AK; also not called the .308 in military classification. It is 7.62x51

Hard to tell from that video, but was he holding a .308 (7.62 Nato) or was it a 7.62x39?

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I don't care for the guy either, but, lets give him a break here. I think we are trying to hard to find fault.

The .308 Winchester round is essentially the 7.62x51 round fired in the old M-14 and M-60 platforms. Yes, you can argue the point that he could have described the round better but, technically, he is correct. The 7.62 (.308) is the caliber of the round and the 51 is the length

With the old .50 single shot sniper platform, you did have to cycle the bolt completely to the rear (which is what I think he said) before inserting a new round. So, again he could have explained it better but, technically, he was correct.

That all being said, I agree that he is another exmilitary hack that sold himself to the networks. There are a lot like him floating around wowwing and dazzling the uninformed masses - and making a lot of money doing it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The .223 vs. 5.56x45 thing didn't even come to mind, that's another one to the list.

The .308 Winchester round is essentially the 7.62x51 round fired in the old M-14 and M-60 platforms. Yes, you can argue the point that he could have described the round better but, technically, he is correct. The 7.62 (.308) is the caliber of the round and the 51 is the length

That all being said, I agree that he is another exmilitary hack that sold himself to the networks. There are a lot like him floating around wowwing and dazzling the uninformed masses - and making a lot of money doing it.

7.62x51 =/= 7.62x39

There was one guy who had a show, Hunter Ellis I think was his name, who was pretty cool. Also, let's not forget R. Lee Ermey, he managed to be in the USMC, become an actor and eventually television show host, all while fending off the douche bug.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Also, let's not forget R. Lee Ermey, he managed to be in the USMC, become an actor and eventually television show host, all while fending off the douche bug.

He even made out with Jack Black in Saving Silverman and still came out ok. I met him at the Mt. Comfort Air Show a couple years ago, hell of a guy.

saving_silverman_2.jpg

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    .308 is not the standard round for the AK-47..the 7.62x39 is. I have never seen a bolt action that the bolt had to "be pulled all the way out" to put in another round. And every bolt-action sniper rifle I have ever seen was a repeter, not a single-shot.

Yea I picked up on all that when this first aired on TV I was like WTF. :dunno: But there are a lot of really cool guns on that show so its hard no to watch it from time to time. That freaking grenade launcher with all the specialty ammo in the one episode I think actually gave me a woody, id freakin kill for one of those and a Flat of ammo....

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    While you guys are debating what ammo was what, what stuck out to me was the fact that he kept saying "sniper" and mixed it with phrases like "acquire targets quickly" "send effective rounds down range" and "ten shots in ten seconds"

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    R. Lee Ermey is the best. These other guys went to a few military schools got out with a few years of service and are experts. WTF?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I didn't even have to open the thread, much less the video to know you had to be talking about the douchebag from Future Weapons.

Top Bottom