• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Hi guys. I'm actually still on vacation, but trying to plan for our next. lol. We have been out hiking/camping/canoeing this past week. With a 2 year old, I managed to hike a good 5+ miles (7 hours+)this past weekend. It was a great time....my daughter seems to be a born hiker. :D

Anyways, now we are thinking West Virginia. Has anyone done much camping/hiking out that way? I'm looking for pretty rugged trails. We are looking for a family friendly campground (no alcohol), we will be taking 4 ATV's so if an ATV park is close by...GREAT, but not needed! Kinda looking for some good scenery/nature.

If you've been there and can point me in the right direction....please do. Looking to travel that way around the end of August, early September!
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    WV = Whitewater rafting on the New River.

It's a must do... of course your little one seems quite young for that. (Maybe I'm assuming too much from your avitar?)

Probably the wrong time of year tho.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    WV = Whitewater rafting on the New River.

It's a must do... of course your little one seems quite young for that. (Maybe I'm assuming too much from your avitar?)

Probably the wrong time of year tho.
    We are hoping to do a little white water rafting AND zip-lining. But we are still looking for some good hiking trails. It's a huge group of friends, so I'll have someone to watch my little twirp! Thanks for the reply Kludge! :D

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    :yesway:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/New_River_Gorge_Bridge.jpg Holy Huge Pics, Batman!

New_River_Gorge_Bridge.jpg

October 17th is Bridge Day.

The New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia | Bridge Day October 17th 2009

Top Bottom