California Residents will re-district all of CA this year!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I just saw this on TV and am going WOW!
    In CA last year the voted with the help of the GOVERNATOR passed a resolution in which 14 CA residents (5 d votes, 5 r votes, and 4 independent votes) who do NOT hold any public office would be the ones who would re-district the entire state of CA! Their final map (comes out latter this year) would be the one that is used for 2012. The legislator would have ZERO say on the final map.

California Citizens Redistricting Commission | What's New

Now that is WE THE PEOPLE at work folks!

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    That is pretty cool. I am all for taking away the power of politicians making it easier for themselves to be elected. I never understood how it made sense for the same people who are trying to get elected to pick who gets to vote for them. Districts should be based on the needs of the people not on the needs of a political party. They should help give everyone equal representation.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    my only question is when are they going to do this here in IN.

The day AFTER hell freeze's over or if we elect the GOVERNATOR.
    The Ds and the Rs hate him [Arnold S.] for lots of things he did "bad" while in office. He was not a friend of 2A either at times. But come hell or high water he did to a lot of the things he said he was in order to try and save that state. This was perhaps one of the biggest ones that will be his legacy so to speak provided the reg. civilians that re-draw the lines end up with something fair. Based on the reports so far none of the civilians has anything to gain from this at all.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    OK. I realize California is often thought of as a state full of nuts...but this idea sounds like it might actually--gasp--IMPROVE things over there!! I hope the panel does a good job, because I'd love to see this idea sweep across Indiana and the rest of the states.

Top Bottom