• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A frenchman in Indy! WHAT! Round up the wagons. Get the ARs out we are being invaided by the french. ;):laugh:

Sadly our public education WWII history is lacking. I recall in high school we got World History in 9th grade and American History in 10th grade. They spent 1 week on the WW II conflict (all of it). We got American Civis (history of the past 25 years) in 11th grade and that was it.

In elementary WWII was never touched. American history from the founding fathers to about WW I was talked about.
    :(

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    A frenchman in Indy! WHAT! Round up the wagons. Get the ARs out we are being invaided by the french. ;):laugh:

Sadly our public education WWII history is lacking. I recall in high school we got World History in 9th grade and American History in 10th grade. They spent 1 week on the WW II conflict (all of it). We got American Civis (history of the past 25 years) in 11th grade and that was it.

In elementary WWII was never touched. American history from the founding fathers to about WW I was talked about.
    :(

Just one week? :dunno:
    In France we had to learn about about American history and I believe we spent more than two weeks just on that, sometimes im surprised that I know more about American history than some American themselves.

And if you know about history you know that René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle was the first frenchman who came to Indy before Indiana was even a state yet.So you shouldn't be surprise to see a frenchman in Indy.It was a french territory for a while. ;)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    As everyone knows, the first thing one is taught in spy school or terrorist training camp, is to be up front about why you are where you are and why you are going where you're going. I applaud the TSA for taking the honorable route and putting an end to their child molesting.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I'm actually sitting in the Atlanta airport, having just cleared customs and am waiting on my flight back to fort wayne. The Brits have a 20 question thing before u even check in, then again before u board your flight. The French just look at your passport, stamp it and hand it back, the Dutch aak u a few questions and send u on ur merry way. Scotland and Ireland do the same thing that the Brits done. Then u get here and it's 20 questions, go thru 3 security check points, then another 20 questions then they question whether u are actually a US Citizen or not.....

Top Bottom