• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was trying to ID a bug.My first thought was this has to be the largest mosquito on earth.
    2wr0raq.jpg
    [/IMG]
    Ok so it turns out to be one of the 1500 species of Crane Flies in North America.
    http://bugguide.net/node/view/32175
    It was captured and released.I wish it a long healthy life and many many children(it was a she).Apparently they eat mosquitoes.The larva are aquatic and eat mosquito larva and ambush mosquitoes laying eggs.We are now friends with any and all Giant Eastern Crane Flies.

When does this get funny?While searching I came across this Why Bugs Ruin Everything | Wait But Why

A little excerpt from the article.The article has bugs nailed I think.4 reasons bugs are nightmares followed by categories of bugs(some are pretty funny).
    "
    2) Bugs’ behavior is appalling.
    Yes, they look like nightmares, but the main reason I and so many other reasonable people loathe bugs is because of how they behave.
    Humans have elite status on this planet, and everyone seems to get that except for the insects. Unlike almost all other creatures, insects A) have no regard for a human’s personal space, B) don’t understand the concept of private property and think it’s okay to enter an indoor place uninvited, and C) apparently didn’t get the memo that humans are at the very top of the food chain, which means no one is supposed to feed on them.
    If bugs just followed the rules like everyone else, they really wouldn’t be a big deal. It’s their egregious disregard for boundaries that makes them so despicable."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom