Buck 110 knives not what they used to be.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Buck 110 knives are now for sale at Wal-Mart for $30. I know that these now have different blades. I have heard that the diferent blades are broduced in China. Anyone know how much truth there is to this?

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Wanna know the difference between the Bucks at walmart and one say at A knife shop?:dunno:

About $20 ....

Thats it ...of course since the one at a knife shop cost more it has to be better .;):D

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I have one that is over 10 years old and one my son bought me for my birthday. The blade markings are different, but they both seem to take and hold a good edge. I am sure there are some differences, but it is still a lot of knife for the money.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have had one for 30 years and it still looks and works fine. I also have a newer one that seems to have a little difference around the edges, but still seems to be a quality knife.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Well i went and bought the buck 110 from wal-mart. I could not pass it up even if it is not that great. I mean how bad can it really be? Well i have looked at the blade and it really needed to have a good edge put on it. I took to sharpening it and it did take a while but it is razor sharp now. Everything seems to work well on it. I am anxious to see how long a good edge will last on this knife compared to my older 110. I guess only time will tell.

Antelope08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    New Palestine
    Same knife, WalMart can sell cheaper due to ecomomies of scale. I owned a retail cutlery store for over 15 years and my cost on that knife was always in the high $20.00 range, and I was a Buck direct dealer. Could not compete w/Wally world so I never stocked the 110. Be careful though when buying Buck as they have a "made in China" line that looks just like the US made line.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Same knife, WalMart can sell cheaper due to ecomomies of scale. I owned a retail cutlery store for over 15 years and my cost on that knife was always in the high $20.00 range, and I was a Buck direct dealer. Could not compete w/Wally world so I never stocked the 110. Be careful though when buying Buck as they have a "made in China" line that looks just like the US made line.

How do yo tell if your buck 110 is made in china? I can't find it writen on there anywhere

Antelope08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    New Palestine
    How do yo tell if your buck 110 is made in china? I can't find it writen on there anywhere

You look at the blade tang, the area between where the knife is sharp and the handle. There will be a stamp thay says "Buck" and if it made in China, "China" will be stamped on on one side or the other.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom