Browning Sweet Sixteen Autoloader whats it worth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    anyone know what my browning 16 gauge is worth? pretty good condition. gold trigger. regular barrel (no high rise flat sight just etching along the top). this gun is very old and was wandering what its worth. and ideas?? thanks!

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Age and condition can vary the price all over the map (Yapanese or Belgium), as can the stock style, barrel length and choke. Is it a 16ga, or the lighter Sweet Sixteen model, of which there were fewer made. Either way, you have a model and gauge few of us ever have the pleasure of shooting, and make for a great piece of history.

If you are looking for more detail and feedback on its value, try reading a few posts and asking questions over at shotgunworld. Good Shooting!

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    sorry i do not have the gun down here in bloomington with me. i know it is the lighter "sweet sixteen" model as it is engraved on the side. it has a 28" barrel. great pheasant gun! not looking to sell just wondering how much it's worth. i'm fairly certain it also says made in belgium

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    GunsAmerica - A-5 Sweet 16 - Browning Shotguns - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

i hope this helps i would go to one of the auction sites and look for what you have there are so many variations on the old brownings that its hard to get a value for them try auctionarms.com gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com gunsamerican probably has the most i have one that is a belgium square knob thats only been fired 5 times my father bought it new in 1970 (i think) he paid like 300 for it and is in 99.9% condition and i would GUESS its worth 1500 or so but i wouldn't sell it for 15000

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    try getting more than 400.00 for a standard weight,you are tricking someone.a sweet 16 can go for 1000.00 or more depending on barrel , condition, condition, condition.i would say no more than 325.00 for standard weight in exc. condition.sweet 16 has a much stronger and wider price range.gunsamerica is for the seller,not the buyer.550.00 for a very good shape sweet sixteen is about right if you want it to keep it ,but it better be in exc.cond. for appreciation value . check for cracks in forearm. a few years in the 1960s,wood was salt cured.i have a tbolt 22,rusty under barrel.check any browning made in 60s for rust,and any a5 for cracks in forearm

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    just for further reference if anyone wants to sell one for 550 in good shape with no barrel compensator ill take everyone you want to get rid of i dont see any reason to lowball a guy who isn't even trying to sell the gun but thats just me

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i just finished looking at every sweet 16 i could find on the online auctions and found 1 at 550 that didn't have any blueing left and was beat to hell its listed as "well used" i did find a japanese barrel only for 425 there are alot more out there for 2000 that 400-550​

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Excellent point, I have a few in the collection that mean nothing to me, but the ugly one in the front of the safe is my fathers, and the one I got my first pair of wood ducks with. Don't bother making an offer on that one!

Sweet Sixteens are a little bit magic, hit like a 12, swing like a 20. Enjoy!

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    sorry to hurt your fellings,wasnt trying to lowball. i just dont understand why some people see red looking at blue.i got a light 20 , my brother has a sweet 16 both bought new in 1953 for wedding present for my rabbit hunting buddy.i bought them both for 600.00.i am not trying to sell or buy.i see them at almost every show.i traded for a 12 standard belgium from craigslist . finally got 275.00 for it after 3 or 4 shows.had 325.00 in it.been doing this for 28 years or so.but you have a good day.i just want to say how sorry i am .i dont need anymore guns anyway

Last edited:

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    thanks for all the replies guys! anyone recommend getting it re-blued so it's like new again? not sure if that's a "no no" or not

Top Bottom