• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Had the typical Browning O/U light primer strike on the bottom barrel. Consequently, am replacing both firing pins and hammer springs. Am looking for torque specs for the stock bolt without success. Am guessing 7 ft/lbs give or take which should be about 84 in/lbs. Am I close?

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Had the typical Browning O/U light primer strike on the bottom barrel. Consequently, am replacing both firing pins and hammer springs. Am looking for torque specs for the stock bolt without success. Am guessing 7 ft/lbs give or take which should be about 84 in/lbs. Am I close?
    You're close.

It's actually tighten with ratchet until it's snug. Back off one quarter turn, then tighten one quarter turn. In other words, no ugga dugga.

In all seriousness, 5 - 10ft lbs sounds about right.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    Mine came with a long Allen wrench. Couldn't tell the tongue - Gave it everything the short wrench would take - Never came loose. But it is a Browning, so I will have it apart in another year for the bottom pin, carry the bottom pin in my shooting bag.

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    You're close.

It's actually tighten with ratchet until it's snug. Back off one quarter turn, then tighten one quarter turn. In other words, no ugga dugga.

In all seriousness, 5 - 10ft lbs sounds about right.
    I like the ratchet idea.....it'd give me an excuse for another tool or three my wife thinks I don't need. :rockwoot:

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Mine came with a long Allen wrench. Couldn't tell the tongue - Gave it everything the short wrench would take - Never came loose. But it is a Browning, so I will have it apart in another year for the bottom pin, carry the bottom pin in my shooting bag.
    Seems I'll need to start keeping spares in the bag. This isn't my primary clay gun so I've only shot a few hundred rounds with it since replacing the firing pins last year. Don't see evidence of pitting so an thinking the spring may be a primary cause. Now to figure out a way to replace them without firing one or both through the drywall.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    The culprit is the bottom firing pin on all Browning. the bottom firing pin comes into the primmer at an angle compared to the top pin. combine that with the much harder European made primers. First one my gunsmith charged $100 to change. Now I carry a spare in my even after I sold my browning. Have change three this year at the club. Quick $50 for a 15 min. job and a $15 firing pin

Top Bottom