• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "I believe that the reason they are going to permanently keep it out there in Brownsburg ... a city with a low population of Black residents ... is to limit access to lower-income Blacks and keep it away from the main Black population here," Paschall told IndyStar "It's just sad, man."

Sad. Dude has no clue its miles from Brownsburg, and they dont even have to go through the town to get to IRP (Yes, I'm old school)

You'd think they moved it to Arbucle Acres or something.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and from a public safety angle, its a great idea. Now the kids making trouble that get dropped off downtown cant corrupt the concerts, allowing those that actually want to go to the concerts can enjoy them peacefully. (assuming the bulk of the trouble isnt folks like us that just want to go to a concert and not act the fool. )

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the article:
    "I believe that the reason they are going to permanently keep it out there in Brownsburg ... a city with a low population of Black residents ... is to limit access to lower-income Blacks and keep it away from the main Black population here," Paschall told IndyStar "It's just sad, man."

Well, who do they think has been causing the most problems downtown? I'm thinking it's not the middle and upper income people. This seems a little like the same trouble makers destroying their own neighborhoods and then complaining about food deserts and a lack of businesses wanting to locate there.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "Paschall said Indiana Black Expo leaders should be aware of the hurdles created by the move. They range from lack of transportation to lack of comfort with traveling to a smaller, more rural and predominantly white community for an event that will extend late into the night."
    -not racist.

Jones said Indiana White Expo leaders should be aware of the hurdles created by the move. They range from lack of transportation to lack of comfort with traveling to a larger, more urban and predominantly black community for an event that will extend late into the night.
    -racist.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "Paschall said Indiana Black Expo leaders should be aware of the hurdles created by the move. They range from lack of transportation to lack of comfort with traveling to a smaller, more rural and predominantly white community for an event that will extend late into the night."
    -not racist.

Jones said Indiana White Expo leaders should be aware of the hurdles created by the move. They range from lack of transportation to lack of comfort with traveling to a larger, more urban and predominantly black community for an event that will extend late into the night.
    -racist.
    :wrongdoor:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Somebody has to ask this, so I`ll be the jerk: what is the percentage of black population in Brownsburg? And so why would the city have the caravan of black folks and all the potential gang related activities that might well come with that, come to the residents of Brownsburg?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Somebody has to ask this, so I`ll be the jerk: what is the percentage of black population in Brownsburg? And so why would the city have the caravan of black folks and all the potential gang related activities that might well come with that, come to the residents of Brownsburg?

Per the article:

IMG_0694.jpg

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Wasn't the reason the Black Expo was created in the first place was to help struggling black families and children and to celebrate their race? Weren't they suppose to encourage blacks to obtain higher goals and higher education? Isn't it defeating their purpose to move their event from the very place that it would do the most help? Are they now admitting that the event is out of their control? Am I missing something here?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Paschall said Indiana Black Expo leaders should be aware of the hurdles created by the move. They range from lack of transportation to lack of comfort with traveling to a smaller, more rural and predominantly white community for an event that will extend late into the night.

Soft bigotry of low expectations, poor black folk are too dumb and too scared of White America(tm) to get in the car and drive a couple miles down the road.

"And as far as giving it a fair shake, when you're scared to go out there because of driving while Black, or because you've simply have been hit hard enough by racism and economic conditions that you don't even have access to a car ... then we don't all have a fair shake of getting out there in the first place," he said.

Poor black folk too scared to drive anywhere because of "driving while black". :rolleyes: How many black residents in Indy get in their cars and commute to work every morning without issue? How many black residents of Indy have been executed by the police in Brownsburg for "driving while black"? What a load of crap.

Nevermind the fact that the change wouldn't have had to be made were it not for Democrats and their 18-month-long covid freakout.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Soft bigotry of low expectations, poor black folk are too dumb and too scared of White America(tm) to get in the car and drive a couple miles down the road.

Poor black folk too scared to drive anywhere because of "driving while black". :rolleyes: How many black residents in Indy get in their cars and commute to work every morning without issue? How many black residents of Indy have been executed by the police in Brownsburg for "driving while black"? What a load of crap.

Nevermind the fact that the change wouldn't have had to be made were it not for Democrats and their 18-month-long covid freakout.
    All of what you say is fair, but still, back to my question: what about that "predominately white, rural" populous? Why would they want all that traffic, all of that potential gang activity transferred to their burg? The traffic, the noise, possibly the shootings we`ve seen an influx of recently in downtown Indy? In my mind, (and keep in mind, I have NO reasoning ability), this is just one more instance in which certain people are daring anyone to say anything about the culture shock of this predominately white, and rural community, having this black event foisted upon them. It makes zero sense.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All of what you say is fair, but still, back to my question: what about that "predominately white, rural" populous? Why would they want all that traffic, all of that potential gang activity transferred to their burg? The traffic, the noise, possibly the shootings we`ve seen an influx of recently in downtown Indy? In my mind, (and keep in mind, I have NO reasoning ability), this is just one more instance in which certain people are daring anyone to say anything about the culture shock of this predominately white, and rural community, having this black event foisted upon them. It makes zero sense.
    Well, as Cameramonkey said earlier, Lucas Oil Raceway (IRP) is probably almost as far from Brownsburg as it is from downtown Indy. It's definitely nowhere near Brownsburg proper. More like far westside Indy (even though it's just over the county line).

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I strongly suspect that moving to the Raceway is going to put a damper on a lot of that bad behavior. There's nothing around the raceway except suburbs and fields. Nowhere for people to spill out of the venue, gather, get drunk, and fight with each other. Apart from the traffic I don't think anyone living around there will notice.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom