• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    My days of caring a SAW, a tripod, a spare barrel, PVS-4, and all the ammo are long since past ;)

I hung up my blue cord a couple of years ago when I commissioned.

I still like to teach the weapon classes though ;)

valid point... lets hope you dont end up with the 249... acog wont do you much good on that... we tried it and its pretty crazy trying to keep a focal picture during 800 RPM.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    With all due respect, I think you're totally missing the point of it.

It's not so you can use the chevron as a red dot at close range at all.

It's so you can use your non "scoped" eye to increase your FOV while scanning and the idea is, that when you stop scanning, the image in your ACOG is no longer a blur and your dominant "scoped" eye can immediately take precedence over your other eye in your brain and you will immediately see a focused, zoomed image.

It works. IF it doesn't work for you or you don't believe it works then you're doing it wrong, period.

The red dots on top of TA31s are for a completely different reason and have nothing to do with BAC.

BAC is something you use at distance, the red dot is something you use close up.

I've seen a lot of people who claimed they could do the bindon aiming concept thing with their ACOG. Exactly one of them actually can do it (slow1911s). The rest have been either fooling themselves, or they don't check their targets afterward.

The comment about it working better for some than for others is something to consider carefully. If it worked well for even a slight majority of people, Trijicon would not be selling ACOGs with mini red dots piggy backed on them.

ACOG is a great piece of glass. It's not the best choice if your shooting is going to be 50m and less and you may need to do it quickly. The bindon aiming concept is a way to work around its shortcomings, but it takes a lot of practice to do it well (assuming it's physically possible for a given individual).

Again, while I'm not trying to demean the ACOG, most people would be better served by a low power adjustable like Trijicon's own Accupoint series, or a humble red dot. If an ACOG is what you already have or what's issued to you, then the BAC makes a lot more sense.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I'm a believer in BAC. I also really like the scout scope concept which is really similar in practice and I believe it is still faster than a BAC 4x-ish scope close to the eye. My overall favorite right now is a 2X red dot. With both wide eyes open and on a quick shot I don't even notice the 2X's effect, but when I want a little more detail I can focus down the tube alittle more for BAC/scout "zoom".

I've found to make the mental "zoom" to work for me, sometimes I need to squint my other eye a little and/or focus looking down the tube more.

FWIW, I still can't use notch and post or even Big Dot style express sights with both eyes open, but can with rear peeps/ghost rings.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I shoot all my guns accurately with both eyes open. Even my handguns. I'm weird but I'm very accurate. Its like my mind just lines up the sight with which ever eye it lines up with and slightly brings the other out of focus. (I'm ambidextrous) I shoot equally with both hands. I can even aim 2 guns at once (accurately). I'm a freak of nature. And will gladly demonstrate my technique anytime. Betting is alowed... whining when you have to pay up.... Is not!...lol

You must not have eye dominance. If not, you would LOVE and ACOG. Kurt Miller (expert 3-gunner and LEO trainers, hell of a geologist, too) has no eye dominance and can do the same thing with either eye with equal skill. He swears by the TA11 (and I do, too, as far as ACOGs go).

Top Bottom