• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbovia

Marksman
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    I hadn't been in to BGF previously so I wasn't sure what to expect. I had been meaning to check it out since the first pictures were posted about the store opening in the current location, but it is a hike since we live on the far far west side. Well, I finally had the opportunity today. I have to say that not only was I impressed, but my wife (and daughter) were too. And everyone knows that when the wife is happy, you're happy. I am remiss as I didn't get the gentleman's name that was helping us today (I assume he is the owner), but he was very willing to chat about like minded issues, and very willing to show us everything in the case. As well, he was able to help us out in our search for some hard to find ammo :thumbsup:.

The store looks amazing and is very inviting. Considering that 'most' stores that I take (read this as 'drag') my wife into she isn't necessarily interested in going back to, it says something that this evening she emphatically said that she wants to go back.

Prices were very reasonable and 'we' will definitely be back.

Thanks BGF!!!!

Jim

Kcollins143

Plinker
    Mar 26, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have recently bought a couple guns from bgf and really enjoyed the experience. The staff there make you feel at home and will answer any questions you might have. They are there to assist your needs. I was looking for a 1911 and was looking at rugers and sigs, but they ended up selling me a Taurus pt 1911. Its wasn't very expensive but they new my needs and I'm very satisfied with the gun.

LastShot123

Marksman
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have to agree, have been multiple times now and everyone there has been extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I took my wife in a few weeks ago and a woman behind the counter even gave her an excellent real world firearms 101 lesson in just a few minutes. The guys there have ordered items for me that they sold out of and I had them within a week. I always feel very welcomed when I step in and I'll keep going back!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So BGF is open? I live in the area now, and wanted to check it out.. Everyone keeps telling me it's still closed down, though.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I purchased two firearms from them in the last year and a half. Friendly and fair. I stop in every once in awhile to look for old smiths.

Top Bottom