• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    High Fructose Corn Syrup Wants A New Name - Cancer Cells Use High Fructose Corn Syrup to Grow -ProDH Sale

Keep an eye out for "Corn Sugar" if this name-change actually happens. High Fructose Corn Syrup causes you to eat more, turns to fat more quickly, and stimulates the growth of cancer cells.

Avoid products containing HFCS, stop buying garbage foods, and take some responsibility for your health and well-being. It is t...he consumers' job to drive this stuff out of the market. Spread the word.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Another reason they're pushing for this is the fact that some soda manufacturers have been re-introducing classic sodas with sugar, rather than HFCS and those sodas have been selling like gangbusters. Sierra Mist, by PepsiCo is going to make the switch from HFCS to sugar permanently, due to customer requests. That's a significant portion of the HFCS market there and they're set to lose it sooner, rather than later.

Last edited:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Another reason they're pushing for this is the fact that some soda manufacturers have be re-introducing classic sodas with sugar, rather than HFCS and those sodas have been selling like gangbusters. Sierra Mist, by PepsiCo is going to make the switch from HFCS to sugar permanently, due to customer requests. That's a significant portion of the HFCS market there and they're set to lose it sooner, rather than later.

I wasnt aware of this very interestin

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Another reason they're pushing for this is the fact that some soda manufacturers have been re-introducing classic sodas with sugar, rather than HFCS and those sodas have been selling like gangbusters. Sierra Mist, by PepsiCo is going to make the switch from HFCS to sugar permanently, due to customer requests. That's a significant portion of the HFCS market there and they're set to lose it sooner, rather than later.

Yup, that's why if I"m not drinking diet soda, which I'm trying to cut down on and eventually out, due to the aspertame. Then I'm drinking either pepsi throwback or mt dew throwback. They taste better anyways, and was the kind of pepsi and dew I grew up drinking.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    On the scientific side what makes it so bad? Its made from corn right? What is done to it during the process that makes it so bad? Or is it just the fact that eating too much corn is bad for you?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    there is also this new magical mystery drink out called water, it claims to have never contained HFCS I know it sounds crazy but it just might be true.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I would like to know where al this information is really coming from, I know for a fact that a certain refinery in Lafayette can NOT produce enough HFCS or corn sugar wich ever you want to call it to keep up with orders.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    there is also this new magical mystery drink out called water, it claims to have never contained HFCS I know it sounds crazy but it just might be true.

I mostly drink water, either that or at work I'll also drink Powerade zero or Gatorade G2 along with having a bottle of water to drink as well.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Crystalline fructose is even worse.. The way the body breaks it down leaves arsenic and lead floating about inside you, why the levels are minimal it can build over time if consumed often.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Yeah, as several INGO'rs already know, I am a cancer survivor. 2003, diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma at the age of 26. I had a 5.5" mass surrounding my anterior mediastinum.

I underwent chemo and radiation as it was inoperable (Apparently it was a very risky surgery just to biopsy it). All is well now but my oncologist banned me from eating aspartame in any form and suggested heavily against over consuming HFCS items.

Note the difference, COMPLETELY AVOID ASPARTAME AT ALL COSTS and strongly suggested limiting HFCS.

So, take what you will from that but there are incontrovertible facts associated with Aspartame. From National Cancer Institute - Comprehensive Cancer Information which allows people to quote directly from their websites without fear of legal action according to their customer service personnel.

In 2005, a laboratory study found more lymphomas and leukemias in rats fed very high doses of aspartame (equivalent to drinking 8 to 2,083 cans of diet soda daily)
    from_The Web site of the National Cancer Institute National Cancer Institute - Comprehensive Cancer Information

Last edited:

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I usually laugh these kinds of things off. Some people like to make a huge deal out of the simplest things.

Here's the key: moderation. I don't care what it is, anything can kill you if you overdo it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I usually laugh these kinds of things off. Some people like to make a huge deal out of the simplest things.

Here's the key: moderation. I don't care what it is, anything can kill you if you overdo it.

Yeah.... me too until 12 days before my 27th birthday.

Now, I definitely laugh at those blaming HFCS for their obesity... hahaha clearly it's a lack of discipline but the fact that it fuels cancer cells faster and more than other natural sweeteners (Which BTW also fuel cancer cells) is what makes me limit my HFCS intake.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana

+1 . Moderation is the key here. Heck, drinking too much water can kill you.

“Water Intoxication” : Water intoxication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I try not to worry too much about HFCS. It is an ingredient in so much of what we eat. I figure the risk factors are low enough, so I’m not gonna try to avoid eating it. HFCS isn’t half as bad as what most people are putting into their bodies (medications, smoking, excessive drinking, etc).

Top Bottom