• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    What's your favorite quick-release picatinny mount for a red dot sight? Something that can hold zero on a 7.62x39 rifle. Budget matters, but can save up more for a top-quality rock solid mount. Thanks :ingo:

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Appreciate all the responses so far. I think i'm going with the American defense because I need one that mounts as low as possible.
    Larue's current offerings for the footprint I need (Aimpoint T1) all seem to be geared towards AR's so they have risers.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    My Larue on my T1 is great for lower 1/3 witness. Doesn't effect head position from a regular cheek weld with irons that I can tell.

I see now it might not be going on an AR correct? If that's the case I have no ideas. Sorry

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    My Larue on my T1 is great for lower 1/3 witness. Doesn't effect head position from a regular cheek weld with irons that I can tell.

I see now it might not be going on an AR correct? If that's the case I have no ideas. Sorry
    Correct, it's going on an AK, so this American Defense mount is my current top choice since it's a very low-sitting mount.

I still appreciate your input, it's useful to me since there's a good chance I'll end up buying another QD mount for an ongoing AR project that's on the back burner. I prefer lower 1/3 cowitness on AR's as well so that Larue could be perfect.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If it's going on an AK, use the side rail with an RS regulate specific mount.

It will be much lower than any rail based mount.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    If it's going on an AK, use the side rail with an RS regulate specific mount.

It will be much lower than any rail based mount.
    I think it might be a touch lower if it was mounted to the dust cover on this particular rifle

Attachments

• 9F052033-4B87-474A-B21D-D1E557BCD3AB.jpeg
      9F052033-4B87-474A-B21D-D1E557BCD3AB.jpeg
      260.3 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    ADM makes nice stuff. I use their QD on my scopes and they hold zero well.
    good to hear! still saving up for the mount and probably a Trijicon MRO to pair. I'm still improving on the iron sights on this particular rifle, like to get decent on the irons before starting on the optic. May not make perfect sense but just something I've gotten used to doing

Last edited:

Ketlage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    For ARs the ADM & MI qd mounts are rock solid and not too expensive.

For AK it’s either RS Regulate or MI unless you have a top rail, in which case the ADM will do well.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I'm a big fan of LaRue mounts and specifically their 2-stage triggers... But, have you guys been reading of the crazy disconnect between their website and shipping orders? Its as if they are stuck in the 80's with technology. YMMV. :patriot:

Top Bottom