• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Well, here it is. She bought it. Her very first handgun. Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact in 9mm. We are heading to the range today. I will let you know how she does.

picture.php

picture.php

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Nice.

One thing they do have going for them is their looks. They look very 21st Century-ish.

I really wish that glock would come out with '4th gen' 26/27 with the stubby rail underneath. I realize that they went with the beveled front instead...but why not make both?

Just out of curiosity, did you take her to shoot a sub-compact 9mm before the purchase? My fiance did not like my 26 even with the extended pinky-grip that I have on a couple magazines. She said it was a combination of a smaller grip and a snappier recoil than that of the other compact 9mm we had on hand when we went to the range the first time.

She did however enjoy shooting 'her' 19 that we took out for the first time yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    We had tried a variety of compacts and sub-compacts. For her, the biggest thing was the weight of the gun and the size of the grip. The Storm's grip fits her hand perfectly and the look of the gun really impressed her.

I wish GLOCK would come out with a new style gun as well, they are not that attractive and are kind of boring since they have flooded the market.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Here we go! :D

:popcorn:

I don't think this was a bash against glocks. In fact it seems like a lot of these glock/xdm/whatever arguments get started on the responses rather than the initial statements.

That aside, that's a neat looking little gun. What is the price range of it, i.e. what was it aimed to compete against?

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    So, what did you think?

I liked it a lot. My girlfriend loved it. Despite being a Sub Compact it does not have a lot of recoil and she was able to handle it very easily. Very accurate. I taught her how to disassemble it and clean it. Bottom line, she is very happy with it. Now, we are just waiting for her LTCH to arrive in the mail. Until we get it, I will carry it for her.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I liked it a lot. My girlfriend loved it. Despite being a Sub Compact it does not have a lot of recoil and she was able to handle it very easily. Very accurate. I taught her how to disassemble it and clean it. Bottom line, she is very happy with it. Now, we are just waiting for her LTCH to arrive in the mail. Until we get it, I will carry it for her.
    I figured you'd be pleased with the recoil. I'm glad you enjoy it. It's a fine pistol that I think gets over looked by the masses.

Top Bottom