• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrownrfn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Indy
    Ive had a M9 for about 9 years and have shot close to atleast 2k rounds through it. Cleaning after every day at the range has kept it to no malfunctions. All insides look great barrel still looking good my favorite handgun I own and have shot.

indianachris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    The 92FS is quickly becoming one of my favorite handguns. I wanted a full size 9mm and after looking around I decided on my 92FS. Out of all the handguns I've shot this is the most accurate one for me.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Ive had a M9 for about 9 years and have shot close to atleast 2k rounds through it. Cleaning after every day at the range has kept it to no malfunctions.

keeping it well lubed is the key to keeping your 92 running, not keeping it clean. My match guns often went several thousand rounds between cleanings. One of the guns I practiced with went 15-20k rounds between cleanings several times. The aren't so delicate a little powder grime will jam them up (contrary to internet lore).

here is how dirty they can get w/ 15+k rounds through them....
    dirty2v.jpg

indianachris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    I have a 92FS (1986) and it is the most accurate 9mm I ever shot. Thinking about adding the Houge grips, more mags, and a holster. Any certain place I should go to for surplus mags?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would try gun shows, or just search the web. I think the last I looked surplus were running between 10 and 15 a piece. Some people will say that their is a difference between the different markers of the surplus mags. I wouldn't know. I'm sure we had several makers while I was in the service with no issues.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    To get the most from the 92FS, pick up a couple of Mec Gar 18 round magazines for it. The fit flush like the factory mag but give you 3 more rounds. They are very well made.

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    Forgot my 92G 9MM had over 30,000 before I gave it to my son and he is still shooting it. Thinking back I don't think I ever had a malfunction with it.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Bought one last week from Bob at PSS, $569
    Im not really big on 9mm, (own 3 CZ75b,G26,Beretta 92fs) but this thing feels really nice in my hand.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom