• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Only seen running birds too far out to shoot, but it was great to get out in the field with the dog and snow flurries blowing, what a sight! Here is my dog "Beecher" waiting for his direction command! Benton county, Indiana.
    i78wav.jpg

20r4ab4.jpg

Last edited:

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    second picture shows why there's few birds in Indiana. You guys see any cover?

Steve
    You are so right Boman, at the end of that pic in the distance is "NICKLE PLATE HABITAT AREA" one of the areas you have to be drawn for, I saw 2 trucks parked there and stopped on the road and watched for a few minutes as I seen 3 hunters orange in the distance, 4 Roosters came running out on the road by the truck, I saw them put a few in the air also, those places are full of birds, that site in particular has 80 acres I believe, a fellow I worked with some years ago sold it to the state! I know we have both joined discussions on other forums about the lack of habitat, even as little as 20 years ago some of those ditches were not mowed, now most look like a putting green:dunno:

Top Bottom