• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I am looking for a dress and casual dress belt. Doe the Hide really matter than much?

I am about to order a black Belt Man horse hide belt, I don't like glossy, and it will only hold a compact, like a Glock 19, Kahr CW9 etc @ 18 or less ounces

are there any local leather shops that sell a dress belt such as the BElt Man sells?

The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | HORSE HIDE BELTS

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Give the "Double Duty" belt at Cabelas a look. It's very thick and sturdy, I have problems getting the free-running end through the 1st belt loop (a second time) on some pants.

I think it's on sale for around $30.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    From the Belt Man receipt........

All orders (except QUICK SHIP belt-only orders) will ship approximately 30 days from the time we receive it.
    All of our belts (except for QUICK SHIP belts) are NOT in stock. Each one is made-to-order in the order that they are received. QUICK SHIP belt-only orders will ship the next business day. If your order contains both QUICK SHIP belts and other belts, your order will ship approximately 30 days from the time we receive it. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for other useful information.

horse2.jpg

Last edited:

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    LLDJR,

You will not be disappointed in your choice, The Belt Man very well may have the highest quality bull leather belts available today. I love mine and would really like to order a 2nd one in a different color.

Enjoy!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    LLDJR,

You will not be disappointed in your choice, The Belt Man very well may have the highest quality bull leather belts available today. I love mine and would really like to order a 2nd one in a different color.

Enjoy!

I agree completely, I will probably order a second color myself. Its pretty cool that he will shorten it if required, I just wish he could lengthen them as my waist "develops" :D!

DJM95B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Schererville, IN.
    Belt Shortening

I agree completely, I will probably order a second color myself. Its pretty cool that he will shorten it if required, I just wish he could lengthen them as my waist "develops" :D!
    I foolishly ordered from the Beltman one week before beginning a serious program of diet and exercise. Now 6 months later, I'm down 70 lbs. Sent my belt back to have him take 8 inches off of it. Less than two weeks later and I have my belt back and it looks great. He literally had my belt back to me before my check ($15 to shorten, includes shipping) was cashed at my bank. Awesome service!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    That is a great turnaround!

I ordered mine a week or two before Christmas and I am sure that slowed my order down a week or so, but it was still worth it.

The pic is of a 1-1/4" dress belt.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    5.11 Tactical Leather belt...made for carrying:

5.11 Tactical Casual Leather Belt 59501 59502

I have one and it is great, very sturdy.

+1 for the quick buy. I'd recommend it for the occasional dress use. As a daily use belt with a LOT of stuff on it, it'll wear fast and need some TLC. I've had mine for a year and have had to re-glue the leather to the liner in one spot and put some boot polish on it to clean it up. I'm in dress clothes (investigations) 3 days a week and wear a leather badge holder, SERPA holster, single nylon cuff pouch, cuff/mag pouch combo, nylon phone holder and clip my radio to it. My next belt will be higher quality.

Top Bottom