• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    While I was shooting Sunday, my Propper BDU pants tore in the croth. It was my sixth time wearing them. I dont know if I got a bad pair, or if the brand is junk. I'm also looking at Tru-Spec. I don't want to spend money on them, if they are just going to tear like the Propper. Basically, I'm looking for opinions from those that own or have owned Tru-Spec BDU pants. The good, bad, and the ugly.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have Propper pants that I've worn for at least two years, they're what I wear at work. I think you got a lemon...

WhyLighter338

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    i had a pair of propper tactical pants that completely shredded in the crotch while i was working at good ole walmart last year. fun filled shift that was. i avoid them like the plague now :twocents:

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Wore Propper BDU's at military school, held up just fine, You might've just had a lemon.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I wear the Sigs but got them on sale.

I got a couple pair of Sigs for $9 each a few years ago they're a bit baggier than I prefer, but they hold up nice. I also have found 5.11 2nds (usually color is slightly off spec) on lapolicegear.com for about $12. I can't seem to wear the 5.11s out.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    BDU-style trousers are about all I wear at work. Most of mine are Tru-Spec, but I have a few pairs of Proppers and they've never given me a problem. I do stick to the heavier weight fabrics, though; none of that "rip-stop" stuff.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Don't fret. Army issue ACU pants rip at the crotch within a few wearings, or immediately upon first wearing. Take them to a sew shop and have them professionally repaired. This wasn't much of a problem back in the old days with the woodland BDUs, rip-stop cloth or otherwise.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Don't fret. Army issue ACU pants rip at the crotch within a few wearings, or immediately upon first wearing. Take them to a sew shop and have them professionally repaired. This wasn't much of a problem back in the old days with the woodland BDUs, rip-stop cloth or otherwise.

Not for sure who made our ODU's when I was in the Coast Guard, but I never had a pair of my trousers rip. That is not acceptable.

Acole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I don't do anything that would put much wear in them, but I have a pair of "Operator Tactical Pants" (hereafter OTP) from LA Police Gear that I'm pretty pleased with. They're around $20 per pair. They have BDU pants at the same price, too. I think the only major difference between the two might be button fly on the BDU vs zipper for the OTP.

Like I said, I don't put them through much abuse, but they've held up fine so far. And they're cheap. So, worth looking into, anyway.

Their shipping can be a pain, though. It's only around $10, but if you're only getting 1 pair of pants at $20, that's a third of the total cost. So, if you decide to go with them, I advise either getting a few pairs, or looking around and seeing if they have any other stuff that you want/need.

Top Bottom