• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    A few weeks ago, I posted that I called both Senator Bayh and Senator Lugar asking that they both support the Thune amendment to the defense funding bill. As you all remember, Bayh voted for the amendment and Lugar voted against it.

Well today I got a letter from the good Senator Bayh thanking me for calling him to support the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act...that he cosponsored. Really??? I knew that he could care less about 2A issues, but hoped he would at least reference the proper bill in the form letter. Oh well, I guess the 5-minutes I went on explaining the reasons why a national reciprocity amendment made sense fell on ears more deaf than I imagined.

I'm not sure if I'm more frustrated with Lugar who voted against such a logical and (apparently) necessary amendment, or Bayh who voted for it (likely because he knew it would not pass) and cares enough about me as a constituent to "thank" me for supporting some other amendment.

:dunno:

Let's just vote them both out in the next election.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Looks like Evan has intern and staffing problems. Perhaps he should recruit from the many board his wife is on. Doh. I forgot she EARNS all that money considering prior to washington she was a mere staff attorney and championed children's literacy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The person on the other end of the line stopped listening at "I support..." and chalked it up to whichever bill he wanted to claim his constituents wanted.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom