• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I guess the problem remains that common sense isn't common these days. How can anyone pick up a firearm with out first pointing it in a safe direction and making sure it is not loaded. And Hollywood wants to tell us that we should not own guns...
    Your first sentence says it all, common sense isn't common these days.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I guess the problem remains that common sense isn't common these days. How can anyone pick up a firearm with out first pointing it in a safe direction and making sure it is not loaded. And Hollywood wants to tell us that we should not own guns...
    It's never been common sense. More pioneers were killed by their own carelessness or others than were killed by Injuns.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    If you doubt what Trapper Jim is saying spend an hour at a public range when it's busy. You will see just how uncommon common sense has become.
    Common courtesy has also lost most of it's followers.
    As an example look at the current concrete baffles at the camp atterbury range. They are five foot above your head and riddled with pock marks from ammunition. Scary to me

bgipe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I' KNOW that over the years I was on SWAT, I "flagged" a team mate or two BUT instantly was told about it and usually did pushups to build my "muscle memory". :) I do know this: EVERY TIME we trained (Team trained once per month and we snipers trained an additional day each month) We had THREE weapons checks to be positively certain NO LIVE ROUNDS. Cannot believe there was not some protocol on a hollywood movie set. LESSON FOR ALL OF US! Don't get/be complacent. God bless.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I' KNOW that over the years I was on SWAT, I "flagged" a team mate or two BUT instantly was told about it and usually did pushups to build my "muscle memory". :) I do know this: EVERY TIME we trained (Team trained once per month and we snipers trained an additional day each month) We had THREE weapons checks to be positively certain NO LIVE ROUNDS. Cannot believe there was not some protocol on a hollywood movie set. LESSON FOR ALL OF US! Don't get/be complacent. God bless.
    This (pronoun) was in charge of the firearms. Protocol is an oppressive action of toxic white males. Screenshot_20211027-092820_DuckDuckGo.jpg

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I see the lack of common sense safety awareness as the result of our society.

Everything has been softened, dulled and rounded down to eliminate personal responsibility.
    When you're not paying attention to keeping yourself healthy and in one piece, then no one is...

I (and many of our generation) grew up doing dangerous stuff. We learned that things and actions could cause injury and/or death. Our experiences produced people that could judge for themselves if they were headed into danger beyond their skillset.

Today, there must be safe spaces - preferably where every space is safe for everyone. In my youth, we called those padded rooms.

bgipe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see the lack of common sense safety awareness as the result of our society.

Everything has been softened, dulled and rounded down to eliminate personal responsibility.
    When you're not paying attention to keeping yourself healthy and in one piece, then no one is...

I (and many of our generation) grew up doing dangerous stuff. We learned that things and actions could cause injury and/or death. Our experiences produced people that could judge for themselves if they were headed into danger beyond their skillset.

Today, there must be safe spaces - preferably where every space is safe for everyone. In my youth, we called those padded rooms.
    Excellent! Well said. God bless.

bgipe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at what the prosecutor just did in WI. Pointed an AR at the jury while having his finger on the trigger! Nothing showed the weapon to be clear. For all we know, there could have been a round in the chamber...

These are the same fools who want to tell us we should not own guns, what types of guns we can't have etc.

"Let's go Brandon"

God bless,

Ben

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Look at what the prosecutor just did in WI. Pointed an AR at the jury while having his finger on the trigger! Nothing showed the weapon to be clear. For all we know, there could have been a round in the chamber...

These are the same fools who want to tell us we should not own guns, what types of guns we can't have etc.

"Let's go Brandon"

God bless,

Ben
    I'm not going to defend the actions of that idiotic prosecutor. Pointing the gun around the court room was just plain dumb. But I did watch it live and the rifle was safety checked before he used it to play his little game of charades.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom