• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    The Morgan County Sheriff's Dept. along with the some members of the Martinsville Police Dept. are hosting a gun safety course on Saturday April the 4th from 8:00 A.M. until noon. The training will be conducted in the large building behind the jail on the SR 39 Bypass. There is only room for 35 students.

We posted the event at each agencey and wanted to give the locals a chance to respond since that is one of the questions people ask when applying for the carry permit; are there any gun safety courses available. Thus far we have had 5 locals respond so we are opening up the rest of the seats. There is no charge. Please bring no loaded guns to the class. If you come armed lock them in your vehicle.

The prosecutor or his rep will talk about the legal aspects of firearms for self defense. Rest of class will be:

safety rules shooting fundamentals
    actions shooting positions
    ammunition sight alignment, sight picture
    range rules reading your target
    storage cleaning
    talk to your kids

At a later date all who attend this course will be allowed to go to the range for hands on instruction if so desired. There will be 4 hours range time with qualified law enforcement firearms instructors conducting the range exercise.
    PM me or call 765-342-6614 Martinsville PD. Ask for my voice mail, Lt Nail. If I am there I'll register you for the class or if I happen to be out I will retrieve it from my voice mail and call you.

Top Bottom