• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So much for states rights

Not surprisingly, the notoriously anti-gun Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has issued a letter declaring that Tennessee’s new “Tennessee’s Firearms Freedom Act” is null and void.

I’ve written about the Firearms Freedom Acts previously. Basically, they allow an in-state firearms manufacturers to sell firearms to state residents without jumping through the ridiculous government mandated Brady Background checks.

The Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act was passed and signed into law on June 19, 2009.

From the BATFE’s letter:

atf1.bmp

Unfortunately, this decree comes as no surprise. As I have mentioned before, the real test for these laws will come from legal challenges.

From an earlier post of mine:
    The difficulty with these sort of legal cases is finding willing participants. Should a firearms manufacturer sell a firearm to a citizen without jumping through the appropriate Federal hurdles, both would be arrested by the notoriously anti-gun Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

A protracted and lengthy legal battle would ensue, which in all likelihood would bankrupt both the manufacturer and the purchasing citizen, long before the case ever reached the Supreme Court. In addition to the legal concerns, the BATFE has a long history of despicable persecution of gun owners.

I am very excited about the pro-freedom and pro-Constitution movement that we see taking shape. However, I am worried that these laws may become largely symbolic.
    All we need to do now is to find a Federal Firearms Licensee and a gun purchaser willing to go to spend thousands on legal fees and potentially spend some time in jail.

Apparently there are now 4 branches of government. The Bureaucracy Branch now has the power to strike down state legislation, to advance the agenda of the Federal Government. Checks and balances, as it were.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    States' rights are a figment of our imagination, a concept thrown out when the Federal government threw out the Constitution.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009

Apparently there are now 4 branches of government. The Bureaucracy Branch now has the power to strike down state legislation, to advance the agenda of the Federal Government. Checks and balances, as it were.
    correct

Bottom line is that the Feds have all the real power. And, they ain't giving it up.
    correct

States' rights are a figment of our imagination, a concept thrown out when the Federal government threw out the Constitution.
    correct

just expounding;)
    correct

and there's more...

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    The following was posted by @glennbeck yesterday. It reminds us that States DO have the power, right, and duty to ignore any unconstitutional federal laws because the federal government is not a party to, but rather a creature of, the contract among the States.

Read it before disagreeing with it!

American Thinker: Kentucky's Answer to Unconstitutional Federal Actions

Caleb

I wish our state governments would actually utilize this power, but I fear much the same will happen as with the passing of the BS healthcare bill: shady behind door meetings and vote buying by the fed to get the other states to oppose the one standing up for its rights as a state.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    so they think.

We, the people, grant them their power by our consent. the sooner we, the people, understand that the better.

What time and channel are the Colts on Saturday? You are correct but there is no hope of the people understanding who is in charge.

Top Bottom